the Rift

[OPEN] I Wanna Try Everything [Maren, apostles]

Xolani Posts: 39
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 hh :: 6 years (ages in Orangemoon)
ChaoticMelodies

The warm smile with which the winged mare greeted her was encouraging, though shame and insecurity shadowed the brilliant orange hues of excitement on the silent equine's boat. It was foolhardy, this desire that she had to help her new herd; what would she be able to do while working in silence? She could have become a warrior, she supposed, though she would have been useless in that regard. I wasn't looking for a suicide mission. She might have made an excellent spy, what with her keen eye for body language and her (unwilling) silence. I don't want to hurt people. And too often were words used as daggers at the throat. No, she wouldn't have been a capable spy, either. Out of all the disciplines she might have chosen, something had drawn her to this. Despite her obvious shortcomings, it was all that she wanted to do.

"Was it perhaps here you were heading to?"

She nodded enthusiastically at that, her ears pricking forward and a grin lighting her face. The Diviner seemed lost in thought for a moment as she studied the watercolor that bloomed upon Xolani's hide. The silent mare waited patiently, concentrating on her desire to be of service and little else, thus tricking her magic into showing Maren exactly what she wanted. Something clicked; understanding appeared in the other mare's eyes. "I would ask for your name..." she began, and Xolani wilted slightly beneath the scrutiny. Her ears relaxed, leaning uncertainly to the side; her cheerful stance drooped, dismay appearing in the petite lines of her face.

"Well then."

Whatever the Diviner's doubts, she nodded, her golden gaze shining in the sun. Words of acceptance and warning were spoken, bringing the silent girl back to life. A smile split her features as she nodded excitedly. Whatever tasks lay ahead of her, she would embrace them. She would not let her disability hinder her from doing what she wanted.

@Maren - haha, no, it's fine! I've been really busy myself up until the past few days. ;D This is awful, btw. I'm sorry about that ;_;
Please tag Xolani in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Xolani? Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Wanna Try Everything [Maren, apostles] - by Xolani - 07-01-2016, 05:56 PM