the Rift

Jupiter & Mars || Isla's Tables

Isla Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

- - - - - -

Nec id fabulas splendide, feugait oportere suavitate et vim. Admodum apeirian mel ut, eam eu suas salutatus! An labore delenit fuisset qui. Sonet torquatos reprehendunt ne nec, duo ne prima expetenda.

Vocent postulant qui ut? Id pri possim nusquam blandit, ad equidem expetenda sadipscing vis. Ex nam mentitum phaedrum voluptatibus! Duo eu eius verear utamur, an vide facer eum, no eum malorum conceptam. Ei indoctum assueverit pro, cum quem stet oratio an.

Choro luptatum quaerendum quo ad, menandri aliquando comprehensam nam ex. Sed quis altera commodo et? Nam virtute periculis maluisset et, id vim veri viris assentior. Ne dicta everti aliquip vim! His et everti adipisci, at quo diceret ceteros fuisset? Usu recteque dissentiet id, justo vivendo scriptorem cu sed!

In clita malorum assueverit mei? Aeque decore expetenda has id? Pro putent integre mnesarchum ut, brute deleniti recusabo eam eu. Id justo nulla nam, ludus utamur sit te?

Maluisset reprimique at pro, quo ludus nonumy meliore ei. Duo ad animal tritani tibique, nobis facete tacimates pro te, eum eu maluisset assentior instructior. Causae meliore honestatis mei ea, ad cum alia omittam sensibus. Mel nostrud dissentiet ea, eum recusabo definitiones ei. Meliore albucius te quo. Ipsum docendi accumsan vel in, mel ei sint perfecto, sit id graecis appareat. In tacimates voluptaria temporibus eum, unum regione patrioque ut duo?

- - - - - -

ISLA
Coding & Image Credits

Isla Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Isla
"talking" | thinking

The fighting was beginning.  Almost immediately unseen batteries across the river to our right, unseen because of the trees, took up the chorus, firing heavily one after the other.  A woman screamed. Everyone stood arrested by the sudden stir of battle, near us and yet invisible to us.  Nothing was to be seen save flat meadows, cows feeding unconcernedly for the most part, and silvery pollard willows motionless in the warm sunlight.

"The sojers'll stop 'em," said a woman beside me, doubtfully.  A haziness rose over the treetops.

Then suddenly we saw a rush of smoke far away up the river, a puff of smoke that jerked up into the air and hung; and forthwith the ground heaved under foot and a heavy explosion shook the air, smashing two or three windows in the houses near, and leaving us astonished.

"Here they are!" shouted a man in a blue jersey.  "Yonder! D'yer see them?  Yonder!"

Quickly, one after the other, one, two, three, four of the armoured Martians appeared, far away over the little trees, across the flat meadows that stretched towards Chertsey, and striding hurriedly towards the river.  Little cowled figures they seemed at first, going with a rolling motion and as fast as flying birds.

Then, advancing obliquely towards us, came a fifth.  Their armoured bodies glittered in the sun as they swept swiftly forward upon the guns, growing rapidly larger as they drew nearer.  One on the extreme left, the remotest that is, flourished a huge case high in the air, and the ghostly, terrible Heat-Ray I had already seen on Friday night smote towards Chertsey, and struck the town.

At sight of these strange, swift, and terrible creatures the crowd near the water's edge seemed to me to be for a moment horror-struck. There was no screaming or shouting, but a silence.  Then a hoarse murmur and a movement of feet--a splashing from the water.  A man, too frightened to drop the portmanteau he carried on his shoulder, swung round and sent me staggering with a blow from the corner of his burden.  A woman thrust at me with her hand and rushed past me.  I turned with the rush of the people, but I was not too terrified for thought.  The terrible Heat-Ray was in my mind.  To get under water! That was it!

"Get under water!" I shouted, unheeded.

Coding || Image Credits