the Rift

[OPEN] Daddy and Me [Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Aurelight

Kaj had never considered the burden of his title to be oppressive. He had flourished for many years beneath its shadow, happy to serve his herd and and his family. That was until he'd built a real family of his own, until the lack of time kept him from their sides. He despaired over how quickly Aleta grew, the way she flourished and grew into her skin without him being there at all moments like he desired to be. He loved her as he loved no other being on the earth, and where the women of the past had broken and defiled his heart, Aleta was the balm that soothed and restored it. He had never known or experienced the deep, unwavering love he held for his daughter. Beneath the golden light her presence brought into his life, the shadow of his title grew ever longer. No longer did he have to sleep alone at night, as he had since he'd left the old herdlands when he was barely three years old. He had Aleta to return to instead of a sad empty coven of trees, and sometimes Sohalia as well. With all the good the pair brought into his miserable, lonely life, Kaj began to doubt.

A soft, childish voice rang out, a whining cry for attention. Kaj gave a brief, apologetic smile towards Resplendence and turned to exit her little cavern. Aleta's voice was unmistakable, and perhaps all fathers felt that way, but Kaj would not ignore her beckoning. Muscular frame pushed forward faster into the underbrush, long trot carrying him towards the distant sound of her voice. Where is Sohalia? It crossed his mind briefly, for Aleta was not the only observant force of their family. He knew she had been regularly disappearing, but had no power to stop her nor any desire to confront her about it. They were friends, good friends, but he would not chain her to him. He only despaired over how it affected Aleta, not wanting her to ever doubt the love her parents had for her or the lengths they would go on her behalf. And if running to her every beck and call helped assure her that she was not lone, that she was loved beyond her imagination...it was no contest or hardship for Kaj. He would drop everything for his baby girl. 

"I'm here, engeltje," he called out in response as he drew nearer, shoving a blossoming branch out of his way and watching with amusement as Aleta wandered around calling out for him in a long string of consonants. Trotting closer he paused, used to not touching her skin now, and blew a puff of air towards her face in his trademark 'kiss' for her. He always let her come to him, deciding her limits of touch and when she desired it to happen. "How are you my dear?" Clearly bored in some way if her adorable whining was any indication, but he would allow her to ramble her answer on her own. 

Engeltje means little angel
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Aleta - 05-02-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Kaj - 05-02-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Aleta - 05-02-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Kaj - 05-21-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Aleta - 05-27-2016, 09:15 PM