the Rift

Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

He had been spending some time out of his herd borders, patrolling these new lands since the meeting with the Earth God. Isopia had called him, and the Dauntless and his young daughter had attended. The earthen deity spoke of a threat, some looming, dangerous thing that the Helovian Gods could not contain. It was here, he supposed, in one of these Riftian lands. It had to be--for the Rift was not created nor controlled by the Helovian Gods, so some sinister monstrosity that threatened Helovia--one they could not detect, not defeat--must come from the Rift. The Dauntless moved, a swift, powerful trot moving his body across the mirror-like lands.

His attention, however, was drawn to darkness--as his mind, as his heart, as his history knew too well. At his side, Loretta instantly sprung to life, sprinting into the darkest depths? corners> reaches of the mirrored flatlands. Archibald followed, his massive legs breaking into a wild gallop after her. He did not know why he and his companion sped off after the darkness, but the earth trembled greatly beneath his weight and he was reminded of his power. The titan snorted, throwing his massive head and neighing into the crisp, spring air.

Skidding to a stop, the pair tightened their muscles and shifted their weight. The darkness and light bounced across their bodies, their brilliance and power unmatched and unbridled. Loretta barked wildly, tail straight and erect in the air with her dominance. Archibald's entire body arched, muscles bulging beneath a sleek, black coat. Everything about these two warlords was simply amazing. When, however, the light ceased and he found the most shadowed part of the land, a memory flooded into the forefront of his mind:

Archibald was her greatest achievement.

At his hooves, she fell. Under his might--under the madness of his brothers, slaves no longer--she perished.

She stood far off, with Wilder at her side. A small, helpless babe fell from her womb and took breath in this world. Wilder looked so prideful, his eyes full of fatherly love for the new foal. Mandrake, however, held that same malicious glitter behind her grey eyes as she always had.

The pack moved.

Archibald and Knox led them and they stormed for the woman and her son lover. Evers, the Able, swiftly carried the youngling--Darwin--to safety. His first memory was watching his family destroy, desecrate, devour.

Quickly, without hesitation, a large and dangerous paw swiped and clawed away Wilder's throat. Archibald bellowed, throwing his massive body over the pegasus' dead body towards his mother. He did not remember the blows his brothers delivered, did not remember the blows Mandrake managed to make--if any. No. He only remembered conquering her. Taking her life. Ensuring his freedom. He only remembered the look of the life leaving her eyes--those eyes of gray.

He would never forget.

Loretta's final bark, a sharp and shrill call, brought Archibald from the memory. The physical pull of it brought his entire body up into a rear, steel-clad hooves pounding the air.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
image credits

Item: Surprise!
I have an idea from Tamme, here: "ITEM FOR ARCHI! I see Archi with a greatsword strapped to his back :D He should have some sort of really ornate blade strapped to his side or something that he wields with his mouth since he is so strong anyway. You could even enchant it to hover at his side if you wanted!"

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Random Event - 05-02-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Erebos - 05-02-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Archibald - 05-02-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Calypso - 05-02-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Rexanna - 05-03-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Erthë - 05-03-2016, 07:15 AM