the Rift

Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP]

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

From the Edge to the Meadow all the way to the Flats. I think I made my best choice ever the day I walked away from the Edge. I've enjoyed my freedom to go where I want when I want. It's something i've never had in my life. As a princess, I had always been told where to go and how to act and how long I had to be there. So to return to the Edge and have no one answer my call... Well I think it may of been a blessing in disguise. It freed me to just be, me. It allowed me to explore my new home freely without a care in the world. It had been nice to be around Ciceron and not have to worry about getting back to anywhere or anyone. Then again, it was also kind of lonely. If anything happened to me, it was all on me. I'd have to get myself out of it. I'd have to be my own savior.

Dae shoved the image of Ciceron in my head and I shoved it away. What would a warrior like him want with the likes of me? Here, i'm an ordinary girl.

When we arrived in the Flats, the first thing I wanted to do was go play in the waters. I had never been allowed to do that as a child, and now that I was not royalty here well... That of course was the first thing I wanted to do. But we got distracted instead. Two others seemed to in the area. One with a single horn and a tail like a lion, the other hornless and wingless with a dog..

I was one of the crown jewels of the hierarchy. My twin brother Iccarus and I made the set. For centuries my family had held onto the throne. In my old home, if you were born with antlers upon your brow it made you royalty. I think this is the only way they kept our family lines from becoming inbred. The unicorns with single horns were just ordinary citizens, or our guards. They were the protectors of the royal family. It was the ones of winged and plain origins I should of worried about.

I believe my family called them equines and pegasus. Either way, they were the laborers of our monarchy. Not by choice I found out early on when I tried to befriend a young equine girl. No, by force. As my mother instructed me later on, they were lesser beings than we were. All of those with horns were mighty, but those with antlers were the mightiest of all. Then came the single horned, and lastly those who held no horns at all.

My twin and I were being trained to take our parents places. My brother as the warlord and King, who was set to have a beautiful daughter of a warrior as his mate. I on the other hand, was to be mated to a diplomat's son. Iccarus would handle the wars and defense of our home, while I would handle the diplomatic side. Both of us would have the help of our chosen mates. We did not know, that our chosen mates along with the rest of our non-royal kingdom had other plans. It started among the single horns. Among the ones we trusted to keep us safe. They felt that those of us with antlers had ruled long enough. That it was time for new blood to take over and to change things up. The few uprisers were dealt with quickly, but that gained my parents more enemies.

My brother knew and saw the signs of what was happening. But he along with my parents sought to protect me at all costs. To keep me, innocent in the ways of battle and blood. They would not be allowed to do that for long. We awoke one morning to the cries of our teachers being murdered. My parents at our sides rousing my brother and I. We ran as a family, and we were almost out of the castle we had called home all our lives. That is, until we were ambushed. My father wheeled like the warlord he was to face them, urging my mother to run with us and get far away. That he would catch up. My mother touched his muzzle briefly before we ran.

He bought us time. We were almost to the edge of the forest. The forest marked the wilds. My mother was telling my brother and I about where she had grown up. Where her family had come from. This strange place called Helovia. That's when we were ambushed again. I don't know what hurt more... The fact that my brother's and my mate were with them eager for the bloodshed.... Or the fact they each were sporting my father's antlers as trophies... My mother stepped between us, her anger and grief fueling her I think. She told us to run, to never come back. That she too would catch up... I think my brother and I both knew the truth.

Together we ran. My brother using his training to keep us away from danger. We ran until we could run no more. For days, we wandered through the forest hoping that somehow our parents had made it. But as time went on we knew the truth. Iccarus wanted to go back, to go look for them. To hope that they still lived or that someone loyal would help us. I knew better. I held onto the hope of this new land, the place mother had called Helovia. We separated and went our own ways.

It was shortly after that, I found Daenerys and her mother. Her mother knew of my kind. Of what had happened to my family. She claimed it was because they were royals too. She asked me to look after her daughter. Nervously I accepted...

A gentle nudge brings me back out of my memory. Back to reality. I had gone home, and I had seen the destruction first hand. I hope my brother was not there, as I barely made it back out again myself. But I did know one thing for sure. My parents were dead, as their antlers hang above the thrones my supposed mate and my brother's supposed mate now hold along with an equine and a pegasus. I hope for their sake, they can live with what they have done. As for me... Well this is my fresh start, my story to write my way.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Item: Surprise me!

Something defensive like armor would be awesome, but i'll leave the rest up to the awesome admin team should Cal win <3
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Messages In This Thread
Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Random Event - 05-02-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Erebos - 05-02-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Archibald - 05-02-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Calypso - 05-02-2016, 11:59 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Rexanna - 05-03-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Erthë - 05-03-2016, 07:15 AM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Volterra - 05-03-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Lyanna - 05-03-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Ki'irha - 05-03-2016, 08:59 PM
RE: Relics of the Past [ITEM DROP] - by Dacianna - 05-04-2016, 04:06 AM