the Rift

[OPEN] It started out “Hey cutie, where ya from?”

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

To hold all the promise of blue-velvet dark and stars

She had always planned on going back north, ever since she had run into Johnny in the snowbanks of the Steppe. Even if they hadn't...even if they never...well, even if there had only been friendship on the table she would have gone there willingly. Aisling had never been one to ignore a chance to make a lasting friendship and as there was nowhere else in Helovia that had laid a claim on her affections so why wouldn't she seek out the company of that funny, charming man with candyfloss for a mane? She would come to see his home, she'd told him as much before they parted, but she had been overdue to take her song to the Sun God and she had to take a quick trip south and then she would come for a visit. This much she had told him, for that is all she had known then.

All the way south she had been giddy; the prospect of being blessed with magic if the God of the Sun was pleased would have been enough to make he so; but after her time on the slopes with Johnny she had been positively radiant. It was strange to think on how much she had learned, had changed in the span of a few snowy hours but she had found bliss there (even if only the temporary kind) a joy that had hitherto been undiscovered by the little faerie mare. Someone who was kind, someone who was funny, someone who like her stories, who wanted her to stay, someone like Johnny. The fact that there were those kinds of people to be found here, that she needn't consign herself to an eternal solitude had been like the breaking of a new day.

She would have been content with that one day, or so she thought, if she went to the Basin and found only friendship there that would be enough; a good friend. In the wisdom she had learned, Aisling was careful not to let her daydreams race too far in front of her own feet. But oh, the way he had looked at her, they way he had reached out, what girl could stop that little spark of hope--that little teasing jump in the hear that hinted at the potential for love. It would be nice to love a man like Johnny. She convinced herself that that was as far as she had gone, and maybe it was true.

Aisling had already been on her way north again when she discovered exactly what she was taking there with her. Two gifts from the sun god, to be sure, a magic that felt as new an bubbly within her as champagne and a beautiful flute. The magic she had gone for, but the instrument had been a wondrous surprise, as beautiful to look at as it was to hear. To carry it she had let down her mane, using the ribbons that had secured the long braid to sling the flute across her shoulders. The white tresses were long and draping, but by the time she reached the entrance of the basin, even they could not hide the tell-tale swell of her sides that announced what else she had brought with her.

A child had never been so much as a thought in her mind that day, a shadow of a possibility that she had never even considered until she's had to stop and think to understand why a full nights sleep did not rest her, or why her feet protested in carrying more that they were used to. That morning she had considered turning around-then and about ten times a day since. Even the music she played herself could not drown out the thoughts that suggested she should never show her face north of the Thistle Meadow again. How would Johnny react? What would he think or say or do? Would he be as surprised as she? As nervous? Would he care? And what if all his charm in the Steppe had been an act and he turned cold and callous when she arrived upon his doorstep with some unlooked for and unwanted responsibility. She knew stories of men like that, and she couldn't see how Johnny could be, but then she also knew stories of women who used children, or at least pretended to; in order to trap stallions into their service and bidding. What if he thought that of her? If she turned up with her power of illusion and the appearance of a swollen belly and asked for sanctuary, would he call her witch and send her away?

But not going? Keeping a secret like this would be a level of dishonesty Aisling had never dared to aspire to. It would go against everything she had ever been taught; every time her step faltered and her fears rose like bile in her throat, when she though she would turn away she could see her Ma's face and hear her disappointment "Now lass, have I not always told you: honesty may lead you down a path to heartbreak, but a dishonest heart is already broken beyond any mending." So here she had come, and paused at the foot of the crumbling sentinel. She was hopeful, very much nervous, and in her heart even a little defiant. This child-her child!- was already loved, already wanted. Perhaps it had taken reaching here for her to realize it, but Aisling, as always, had and open heart and now a gift to share if there were open arms to take it.

"."

ooc :: @Johnny and anyone else is welcome (and encouraged) to join in for much awkwardness and hilarity.
Image Texture
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
It had taken the Thief awhile to get over the visions she saw in the shadows of the Flats. A few days of returning home from being that far south, with the reopened nightmare she witnessed. She knew that the hole her firstborn had given her had been filled by her second son – the only one that ended up living. And yet, despite being home, Rexanna still couldn’t find the child. She had been on her way to Johnny’s after leaving her cave, seeking out her blood splattered son until a stir at the border caught her attention. Of course, now that Rein was old enough, her duties came before searching for her son. He would always return to her as he always had. His anger was something she was still getting used to, but despite that fact, he always returned.

Rexanna rerouted her course, stepping further away from her cave and Johnny’s to approach the wilting Sentinels. They stood extremely less intimidating than they had been when she had first arrived to Helovia, and she could remember the fear that struck her heart at the mere sight of them. To look at them now just filled her with sadness – how something so strong and seemingly indestructible could become such a rusted pile. There wasn’t time to dwell on the thought, as she approached an ivory creature. Her blue gaze drifting across her from the distance – seeking out any form of horns. She had nearly missed Elspeth’s horns when she arrived, but if it were a creature that sought out a home, she wasn’t going to be the one smited for letting a creature that wasn’t crowned reside beyond the borders.

As the distance closed, the golden mare dipped her head to the equine in greeting. Her chains slinking across her backs, disrupting the slumbering polecat she had for a companion. Marembo had been busy, learning to hunt food for himself. He seemed to particularly like the very bugs that Rein felt attached to in her cave. While it was entertainment for Rexanna, watching the lumbering fuzzy snake-like rodent reach with greedy hands, she knew that part of her missed it when Rein would ask her about the moths and ants.

Marembo shifted, blinking the sleep from his eyes as he situated himself along her withers. Meanwhile, Rexanna let a smile reach her lips as she came to a halt before what she knew now to be a mare. “Welcome to the Aurora Basin.” She smiled once again, Marembo watching curiously from behind her neck. “I’m Rexanna. What brings you this far north?” She questioned, shifting her weight and slightly praying to the gods that she wouldn’t ask for a home. Upon further inspection, Rexanna noticed that the mare indeed didn’t bear any horns she could see, but she appeared to be carrying a child. This in itself sparked her interest and she knew that if a pregnant mare were to ask for a place of refuge, she would struggle finding the words to say no.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Aisling Sorry it's all over the place, I just had to get something up for you :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

[quote='Aisling' pid='177902' dateline='1462249261']

It was more a surprise than it should have been to see another approach her position at the foot of the rusting sentinels. As Aisling watched the unicorn’s form move closer she fought the urge to shrink away in sheer panic. It was silly, perhaps, but in all her preoccupation with how Johnny might react to the unexpected news of her pregnancy it hadn’t occurred to Aisling that she might have to explain herself to anyone else! Of course he wasn’t here, she chided herself. Ignorant as she might be of the Basin, as one other the four pillars of Helovia the area had to be sizable, there must have been others that lived in it. It would have been foolish to think that Johnny would be waiting at the gates for her; and Aisling was often a little foolish.

The mare that came to greet her was lovely; tall and elegant (at least compared to the pregnant pony) and creamy while to match Aisling but adorned in far richer accouterment. She was crowned and blanketed in gold, and such was the little mare’s purely female string of jealousy that she felt rather plain by comparison. But the mare’s approach was far from hostile; she dipped her had, and smiled and had such lovely soft eyes that went a long way to help sooth the white’s nervous jitters.

Aisling returned the smile somewhat shyly and dipped her head respectfully at Rexanna’s greeting. She hesitated for a moment, trying to decide weather she should give some excuse for being here, it really felt quite awkward to show up on a stranger’s doorstep and expect to waltz right in but she couldn’t very well just leave without fulfilling her reason for coming. ”It’s pleased I am to meet you, Rexanna, and my apologies for disturbing you. This seemed, well, this seemed and appropriate place to wait and would hate to think that I am intruding and—” She stopped abruptly, awkwardly, having caught herself babbling worse than an overanxious brook. Her accent had grown thicker with every word and is she hadn’t stopped herself gods know she would have been throwing her native language at the poor mare. She closed her eyes briefly, taking a deep breath to try and find some semblance of serenity before meeting Rexanna’s gaze to try and start again.

She smiled, more sweetly sheepish than she’d ever been and tried to keep her voice slow and calm. “My apologies, I don’t mean to let my mouth run away with me. My name is Aisling, and actually I am looking for some one who lives here. His name is Johnny and I umm, I need to speak with him.” Would it be so obvious what she needed to speak with him about? Aisling suspected it must be and she all the sudden felt very conspicuous. Her stormy grey eyes shifted again and lit up as they saw an adorable fuzzy face poking out from behind the gold-dusted mare’s neck. “Oh! Hello there, who is your charming friend?”

"."
ooc :: @Rexanna Wow, did NOT realize this had been waiting so long, sorry!
Image Texture
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
Golden ears flickered, straining to hang onto every word the equine before her said. Patience was a virtue that the Thief carried, and so she listened - Remy watched from her withers with a curiosity at the words the pale mare spoke. Still, despite trying to pay attention to the mare, she only was able to pick out a few things from the first stretch of words she said. Mental notes were taken, learning that she thought this was a perfect place to wait and that she hoped she wasnt intruding. Rexanna just offered her a reassuring smile and a shake of her head - hoping deep down that the soon to be mother hadn't sought to bring destruction upon the North.

Yet the body language Rexanna noticed from Aisling definitely suggested otherwise, watching as she closed her eyes and began to start again. Still, her ears flickered to the sounds, definitely noticing the accent that laced the equines words. "No apologies needed, Aisling." She admitted, raising a slight eyebrow at the mention of Johnny. "Oh, Johnny! I was just on my way to see him. I can take you to him, if you'd like?" She grinned, dipping her head briefly to the direction of his cave. Rexanna studied the mare briefly as her eyes lit up as soon as she spotted Remy. The polecat, excited to have been noticed, squeaked to her and sat up on the Thief's withers, gripping her mane for support. "Oh, his name is Marembo. He's very excited you noticed him." She laughed, smiling.

Turning toward Johnny's cave, she let her blue gaze dance over to Aisling once again. "If you'll follow me, I'll show you the way." Her voice was gentle, but encouraging. Then, hoping that the mare followed, she went off in the direction of his cave.

Upon reaching it, she offered a gentle smile to the mare. "I was hoping to see if my son was here. Johnny's basically become the Basin's baby sitter as of late." She let a small laugh escape her lips, her gaze seeking out Aisling's to see what her reaction would be to Johnny's love of children. Especially considering the size of the mare, Rexanna only wondered if the sire to the child was indeed the candy man.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Aisling i tried to move it forward for ya! If you want anything changed, let me know :)

aaaand, cue @Johnny
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
aisling
&
johnny
Melting under blue skies
belting out sunlight, shimmering love
Blissfully unaware of how drastically my life was about to change, I was dozing in my cave instead of patrolling the borders (which I never do anyway). Which was weird, and I thought about that as I daydreamed, because I usually preferred the snow (what’s better than an bed that literally conforms to your body??) but the sunlight was coming into the front of my cave just right and it was cold enough that I could actually enjoy it. So I sprawled out on my side and soaked up those delightful rays of sunlight as I daydreamed away, about fairytales and candy houses, while Jellybean was similarly spread out nearby.

Talk about two peas in a pod.

She was the one that alerted me when some friends were approaching though, squawking loudly and hitting me in the face with her tail as she wagged it excitedly as soon as she recognized Rexanna and - from my memories - Aisling. Aisling!! That name had me upright in a manner of seconds and I stood with this huge smile brightening my green eyes as two very dear friends came over. “Well if this isn’t my lucky day! Hello Rexanna!” I smile cheerfully toward my fellow herdmate before looking to the shorter mare at her side, my smile only growing more at the sight of her. “And hello Aisling! What brings you here to the Basin?!” It was an absolute delight to see Aisling after our last… oh, ha. Well our last encounter.

I could feel my cheeks flush with heat just thinking about it (thank sweetness it wouldn’t show!).

Jellybean waddles over to investigate the two pale mares, chirping away the entire time, and I move closer as well. I notice that Aisling is looking a little more round than she was last time but hey, we just came out of winter - there was nothing wrong with putting on a few pounds. And she, well - it looked good on her.

image | coding

OH LOOK A CHANCE TO USE THIS TABLE
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Marembo, as the gold-dusted mare named him, gave an excited squeek, maneuvering himself along Rexanna's withers and Aisling couldn't help but laugh a little. For all her nerves, her first introduction to the basin and its inhabitants was reassuring. Even if it didn't necessarily mean her conversation with Johnny would go smoothly, the meeting of not one, but two friendly faces did wonders in putting her a little more at ease in the unfamiliar surroundings. No matter the situation, the little illusionist could always appreciate the cute and the cheerful. "Well than it's pleased I am to meet you as well, Marembo." she said to the fuzzy noodle. Grey eyes flitted back to Rexanna with an appreciative nod "Aye, I'd be grateful for a guide, I'm not familiar with this place."

Aisling followed the unicorn and her polecat, not speaking, but casting her curious gaze over the landscape. The valley seemed ringed by mountains on all sides and still clung to the last threads of winter but is had it's own kind of beauty. There was not much that the faerie mare had heard about the Basin, besides they were a secluded and unfriendly lot and even that idea was positively squashed in her mind; Johnny and Rexanna being the only Basiner's she had met properly and they were friendly as the sun was bright. Perhaps, she thought It is just that grisly metal horse at the border...Never saw a more intimidating thing in my life, bless the saints.

Rexanna's voice broke the litany and the little mare glanced back her way, stopping alongside her as they seemed to arrive at their destination. The Basin's babbysitter? Aisling chewed her lip to try and hide the embarrased smile but there was a hopeful smile. "Is it really that obvi--" She began the bashful question, trusting to the kindness she had seen in the mare so far to let her guard down at bit but was interrupted by the joyful exclamation of the voice she'd been waiting to hear for days.

He approached, all smiles and the little mare's heart went fluttering madly in her chest. Excited to see the sweet man she'd been thinking of so fondly, hopeful he'd be glad to see her too, nervous as a naughty child that he might shift personalities at her condition-- the list went on, too many feelings packing into one tiny body (along with the baby) and al exploding in her in one breathless little moment as she turned to meet his gaze. She waited, holding her breath as she waited for his surprise, his shock, but Johnny only smiled. 

"What brings you here to the Basin?!” She only blinked eyes a little wide, face a little tremulous as it appears the shock was all hers to feel. WHAT BRINGS ME HERE TO THE BASIN?! In all her fretting it had not once occurred to Aisling that he simply wouldn't immediately see that she was carrying a child. Wasn't she enormous? She certainly felt so... "Um.." She hesitated, glancing at Rexanna as if to ask for help Though what can she do, bless her. Are all stallions so dense? How do I... do I just say it?! "I...I said I would come see you, didn't I? After I went to see the Sun God?" She smiled then, though it was more hesitant than she'd have liked. It was true enough, but that blithe promise had seemed a little less important in the face of her current condition. But what was she supposed to do. the courage to come her was one thing, but how did one just announce a pregnancy? For the first time she heard the chirping at her feet over her own thoughts and grateful for the chance to stall looked down at the ball of fluff and feathers. "Who's this?"

"."
ooc :: "Oh let me just do a short post!"... "Woops, my hand slipped..." - @Rexanna @Johnny
Image Texture