the Rift

[OPEN] time has come

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Okay let’s redo this—

It was definitely spring now, it had to be goddammit. It had taken way too long to get here but here it was, all balmy and new, warm without being too warm, as though it were still deciding whether or not it wanted to be spring yet. And me and Chic were saying NO FUCK THAT you better turn your shit around, weather, or we were coming up there to wreck your shit. Yes. We were threatening to fight the weather. We would find a way.

But the birds kept chirping and the wind stayed balmy and there were little green shoots crawling up in places and yeah, I guess the spring was really trying to stay this time. Word. I donned Sparkmarrow again and we left our nesting spot again and it was basically like last time except for one, important twist.

“Roskuld! Birdsong has come!”

I wasn’t able to run away like I wanted to.

And for some reason knowing that—and hearing Temb’s booming voice calling for me—it…I dunno man. I smiled cuz there was something really big and warm rushing up and I was glad I had to face him. That there was nothing to stop me, nothing to convince me it was better to just disappear. I didn’t have to rustle up the strength for a meeting—I wasn’t faced with something disappointing. I’m not sure what I’m trying to explain, honestly, I’m just…I dunno. I was happy. And sad.

Unexpectedly, cripplingly sad.

Chico blasted forward, rushing passed me and blowing up on the scene way before I got there. He beat his wings, furiously flying forward until his target was sighted: the little elephant at Tembovu’s feet. He roared at her from the maw of a weird lion thing, zooming down to the ground and zpzk!ing into a fluffy ball of excitement and happy to see you. He rushed toward, little stubby legs taking him toward Mbwene (got her name right finally huh) for one last, gigantic cuddle.

I followed not long after—my face stretched in a really awkward, uncertain sort of grin as I spotted Tembovu. I stood a little ways away, Sparkmarrow glimmering conspicuously on my shoulder. I ain’t sure if he’s ever seen my piece before this moment. “Yo,” I called back to him in greeting. But then I fumbled after that, not really knowing what else to say. We both know why he called me, we both know why I was here.

“So uh…yeah,” I said with a (glittering) shrug. The words in my throat dried up into dust; I bit my lip.

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
time has come - by Tembovu - 05-03-2016, 02:33 AM
RE: time has come - by Roskuld - 05-15-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: time has come - by Erthë - 05-15-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: time has come - by Tembovu - 05-26-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: time has come - by Mauja - 06-02-2016, 06:09 AM