the Rift

[PRIVATE] three minus one plus two [birth, eventually]

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

The little ones stand before their mother, she is tired, exhausted. The frothy sweat still slicks her dusky hide and to it clings the red sands. She is painted in earth and to the Earth she prays. He, who first made her a mother is invoked again and again in the mare’s heart even as the cannot bear to speak with the thought already parched from the dry air and her own tears. Earth, hold my children safe. Earth have mercy. She opens her eyes, and sees so much to bring her joy: the colt is standing, following is sister’s example with a glorious enthusiasm. The filly is beautiful, striking as the sunset over dunes with soft brown eyes. Both are strong and happy and whole, untouched by any hurt, any sin, the purest creatures on this earth.

But Meg’s eyes lift from them, and there is nothing, and that make her heart clutch with grief. Einarr is gone, and so is Gwaihir. All at once she wished they where back at her side (to see what wonders her two new little stars were) and yet she wished to take to the sky herself and follow them in search of Asavvi. How could she not go in search of her gentle second daughter? How could she leave her two new babes? She looked at the two again, tears of frustration leaving tracks upon her face even as love shone through the watery haze. Sun give me strength, Earth, protect my children. There really was no choice to be made, she had to trust in Einarr and Gwaihir, her heart and her soul, for her body was most needed here. And so she arose.

It was a struggle, finding her feet again, but she could have to hell and back for less. The twins had made it to their feet, but here in the center of of the span of dunes they were too exposed. “Here little ones. Vastra, Castor, here to me.” the mare spoke in the soft voice reserved only for her children. She reached out with her wings, shading them from the afternoon sun and gently pulling them close, guiding them. They would eat, stretch, build a little strength and then they would make their way (slowly) to the oasis.

"."

Megaera
there is a war inside my heart gone silent
both sides dissatisfied and somewhat violent
image credits

@Vastra
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: three minus one plus two [birth, eventually] - by Megaera - 06-09-2016, 11:25 PM