the Rift

rebirth.

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
There is a sort of recognition in his eyes that she notes and accepts. Another's awareness and acceptance that the one they spoke to was battle tested and capable. Absently the thought ran through the back of her mind; what would he think should he learn she had been a healer first, and leader later, both political and military. It was an unusual path toward her position, she knew. But for now she was content with the respect he showed toward her and her companion.

His questions amused her, and she allowed a small smile before answering. "Both, actually. But none shares in my tasks." Not yet. Warriors and head warriors were one thing, but no military chief was there to aid her. It did not bother her now, seasons after the loss of the father of her child and the friend who could have replaced him. Her responsibilities were not such that she felt driven to lift one of her warriors that she trusted to stand beside her instead of behind her.

There was a lingering pause before this stallion, Asur, at last ventured to ask more of Helovia. "There are three herds within Helovia. To the west, near the coast, lies the World's Edge herd. It is full of unicorns, and I know naught of whether or not they accept members of the other races. Far to the south, in the heart of the desert, rests the oasis of the Dragon's Throat. It is ruled by a band of pegasi who call themselves the Tuuli, and are allies of the Foothills. They are accepting of other races, though they rested the Throat from its previous occupants to give the pegasi a home." She paused, considering, before continuing. "I know also of a loose band of outcasts who roam the lands not claimed by any particular herd. I do not know how many they number, but I call their leader a friend. She is a black mare known as Mirage."

It was fair to tell him of all his choices, about the various groups both within and without the herdlands. While he made her curious, made her want to gain some fragment of his trust in order to learn what all had happened to him, she preferred to let him make his own decisions.

Messages In This Thread
rebirth. - by Asur - 06-16-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: rebirth. - by Smoke - 06-16-2012, 06:20 PM
RE: rebirth. - by Asur - 06-16-2012, 10:22 PM
RE: rebirth. - by Smoke - 06-16-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: rebirth. - by Asur - 06-16-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: rebirth. - by Smoke - 06-17-2012, 12:13 AM
RE: rebirth. - by Asur - 06-17-2012, 01:45 AM
RE: rebirth. - by Smoke - 06-17-2012, 02:09 AM
RE: rebirth. - by Asur - 06-17-2012, 02:26 AM
RE: rebirth. - by Smoke - 06-17-2012, 02:39 AM