[PRIVATE] The Breaking Point

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own

"Thought you'd be out chasing wolves."

The god's voice came from behind, undeniably there when surrounded by so much silence. Ashamin didn't turn at first but just stared ahead at that strange mirror which did not reflect and watched as the god cleaned it, muttered something in reference to Ode, and moved on. Ashamin was thankful for that, at least--the last bit of scum he wanted to talk about tonight was Ode.

"I don't give a damn about the wolves," Ashamin said curtly before turning to face the God. He looked ahead unflinchingly, matching the God's gaze. He was only a hand taller than the haruspex himself--had he always been so small? "Dealing with predators is the reaper's pet project. As far as I'm concerned he can go howl like a philistine until the end of time. I'll deal with the beasts as little as I have to for the sake of the herd's safety, and that alone."

But why do even that? Was it really his herd he was worried about anymore, or just a select few within it? Maybe Hotaru, and his golden son and his mother, but, the others... Ki'irha had turned from him when he'd reached out with his entire being, why should he stay for her? Deimos had never given him the time of the day, it wasn't as if it was the Lord that Ashamin felt particularly loyal to. And what about the God of this herd, the one that stood before him now?

How did he feel about him?

"Then again," Ashamin said with a shrug, "perhaps I should leave it all to them entirely. I fear that this herd needs and expects a past self of mine that's in desperate need of retirement." Permanently, he added quietly in his mind. This wasn't really the life for him, was it? Hadn't he proven he could be more, a monster and a warrior? Maybe even a leader?

"What about you? You don't need me, certainly not, but the herd... do you think they do?"

More importantly, a growing part of him thought, should I even care?

(table by Tamme)

@Mythical Request
(I don't think you need permission but you're welcome to read Ashamin's mind. Also it looks like a font tag in your table might still be open?)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-03-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-15-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-15-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-25-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-29-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-30-2016, 02:40 PM