the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Breaking Point

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Spark

I don't give a damn about the wolves.

The God raised a brow. It wasn't the character of Ashamin's comment that surprised him, but the content of it. Oh, he was a little surprised by the sudden flash of attitude from the Haruspex, but only because thus far he'd had about as much backbone as a limp fish. The God figured that the unicorn would probably come around. And if he didn't? Well, he probably would last very long in the Basin. That he was still around inclined the God to believe that the cold had strengthed his spine as well as sharpened his tongue.

Still, the God shrugged carelessly.

"You're the one who was all, maybe wolves can protect us, and maybe we can harness them, when last I was here." The God grunted. He couldn't have cared less than he did about the Basin's quest and their progress, but that Ashamin suddenly didn't seem to care .. well. That was interesting.

He listened, and the God's interest fizzled out into something like annoyed confusion. He cocked a hip and narrowed his steely gaze, trying to see through the Haruspex to the point of his little monologue, but found justification lacking. "So? Why should that matter?" He interrupted as soon as Ashamin said retirement.  "What the Basin wants and what they get are two very different things. You think they want to live in the asscrack of two mountains where it's constantly cold?" The God snorted, and then shook his head as if to cut Ashamin off from saying something to contradict him.  "And don't tell me they like the cold. No one likes the cold. They might like the snow, might like how everything looks like a kid took sparkle-glue and went to town on the trees,  but no one likes freezing their asses off all year round."

Point made, the God shut up and let Ashamin continue. 

What about you? You don't need me, certainly not, but the herd... do you think they do

The God sighed loudly, unable (and unwilling) to contain his exasperation. If Ashamin still thought that he was here to hold his hand and tell him everything was alright, then the God would just keep right on hammering that lesson home for him. He wasn't. Then again, who knows, maybe he was just stating the obvious. The God hoped it was that. 

Prayed it was that.

"No Haruspex I don't. Do they? Probably not." His beard trembled slightly as his teeth clicked together. "But that doesn't mean much. Something doesn't have to be necessary in order to be good. You don't need that tail of yours. You'd manage just fine without it, but that doesn't mean that having it doesn't come with certain advantages. Doesn't mean that you wouldn't be loathe to lose it, just because you could survive without it."

The God paused, grunting to himself thoughtfully as he considered what he'd just said. "You don't want to be here? Then don't be here. But don't stay just because those idiots may or may not need you. You were made for more than just doing what others expect of you."

Image Credits
FOXX

Messages In This Thread
The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-03-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-15-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-15-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-25-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-29-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-30-2016, 02:40 PM