[PRIVATE] The Breaking Point

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own

Ashamin liked the cold.

But no matter. The haruspex knew there was no point into getting into an argument with the God of this land, the very being that kept it so frigid, and perhaps The God of the Spark would ultimately end up being right. Did Ashamin really like the cold, or did he just like the comfort it gave him, the old memories of his homeland? Was he simply hiding here, in these white-topped mountains, to avoid the rest of his life?

Because surely there was more life to live than this, surely... and the God seemed to agree. Ashamin didn't expect that the God of the Spark had any care for him, but it was hard to not feel as if the advice that the deity dispensed was encouragement to, well, get out there. Get his own, after it had been so repeatedly taken from him and abused. The only problem was...

What would he do?

He still had his companions, and Ashamin knew that the two cerndyr were wedded to the Basin and its cold charms. Maren and Einarr might have been friends in the Dragon's Throat, but with his entire life spent in cold climes there was no way he could adjust to the warmth there. He had to be realistic. The Hidden Falls and the World's Edge were entirely unknown to him, aside from his trip to the Falls for their celebration, and he couldn't say he felt a particular pull to either locale. So if he were to leave, did that really just leave him with the wilds?

He wasn't afraid of being alone. Maybe he needed it. But his family? How would they fare? Rexanna would be fine on her own but Rein was still so young, and Hotaru... he needed to see Hotaru again. It had been too long. And it wasn't as if those he loved and had sired were his only connections. There were others. There were always others. And as mad as he might be at some of them, to some extent, he knew he had a responsibility to uphold his role. He didn't know if he could be that selfish, even if a God was telling him to be.

"I don't suppose you and your siblings are very close, are you?" The haruspex suddenly asked, his head cocking ever so slightly with the question. "If I leave this herd I leave behind family. It might be better for me in the end, I imagine you're right. I could grow beyond the confines of this cave, I don't doubt that. The Basin shouldn't get what it wants or needs just because they found some sap willing to stick around and listen to their problems, but..." Ashamin smiled then, his aforementioned tail giving a little wave, "...you're still here, aren't you?"

Risky, stupid, completely idiotic, but what did it matter anymore? If the God of the Spark really was right, and if this was Ashamin's brush with goodbye, then what did he really have to lose?

(table by Tamme)

@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-03-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-15-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-15-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-25-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-29-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-30-2016, 02:40 PM