the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Breaking Point

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own

It was perfectly fine that the God of the Spark didn't understand Ashamin. Ashamin didn't understand the God, either. And that was why the painted buck was a mortal with power over the heart and the electric God commanded Time. Could anyone with as many ties as Ashamin have the detachment necessary to live so long, to see worlds and kingdoms rise and fall? No, Ashamin would collapse with mourning. He would suffer forever in the face of time's passing and maybe, maybe...

Well, maybe he'd become as bitter as the God of the Spark was. Maybe that was why the spiral-marked beast was such an intolerable ass. Commanding all of time like that, didn't you have to be?

Struck suddenly by the realization that Time did in fact wear on even the good, that he was not immune to its effects and thus did not need to feel responsible to maintain the purity all seemed to want from him, Ashamin was freed. The understanding he'd lacked moments earlier appeared before him as clear as shit. It was a moment of bliss, the kind that cracked a wild smile across his face.

The God of the Spark asked him to change the subject, to focus on the herd, and Ashamin was confronted with how he had so flagrantly ignored his duty. Had he realized he'd been shirking responsibility as he asked for personal advice, or was it only just now occurring to him?

There were things he could tell the God of the Spark. Well, there's been no contact with wolves, Thranduil ran from me the herd like a coward, Hotaru's losing her grip, and Deimos is as cold and inaccessible as ever! But what good would it all do? Surely the God of the Spark knew all that nonsense already, if he really could see all of time and flip through its episodes with ease, and the herd seemed to be chugging along fine in its own little racist, freezing, and dysfunctional way.

Who was he to intervene?

The smile on his face grew wider; he looked almost deranged.

"You're right," he answered with an oddly bright tone, a sudden twinkle in his eye. "This isn't your job, is it? And it's not mine, either." Ashamin paused, lifted his tail to wave it, and slowly began to turn.

"Goodbye, God of the Spark. I can't say our talks have ever been pleasant, but I also can't say they haven't been worth my while. I imagine we'll meet again at some point in your time." The haruspex didn't think he'd be able to stay away from the Gods forever, after all. As unpleasant as the God of the Spark could be Ashamin's piety would never truly wane. But maybe, he thought, by the time they ran into each other once more he'd have done something to earn a little less disrespect from the Northern god.

Then again, what did it matter what old Sparky thought? Ashamin didn't need anyone else's approval anymore, he was a free agent.

He paused before leaving, his black eyes cold but still glittering. Whether the God would oblige him with a favor or not (likely not,) well... He could still use a brief lesson about loyalty. "Tell your sister I said hi."

And then, like a ghost, he was gone.

(table by Tamme)

@Mythical Request

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-03-2016, 11:35 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-11-2016, 12:58 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-15-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-15-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-25-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by God of the Spark - 05-29-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: The Breaking Point - by Ashamin - 05-30-2016, 02:40 PM