the Rift

Coming Home

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

WELL I wonder why it took me so long to come back here. You know, the last time I was here I got licked? Randomly? Without so much as a ‘hey how are you? Why do you smell so damn tasty?’ Granted, the stallion that did the licking was pretty cute. Had this whole king-of-winter vibe going for him which is probably why the newbie went with him. Or, I think that’s what happened. I don’t really remember. All I know is that they didn’t come with me which is a really big shame because my herd is the best herd out there. It’s got caves! It’s got hot springs! It’s got two fabulous leaders! It’s even got the cutest weaver this side of the Threshold! That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, we’re talking about the one and only Basin.

I’ve been rehearsing my recruiting speech all the way here. Jellybean has been providing pointers, of course. She thinks that I should squawk it at someone or, better yet, yell it in their face, but I don’t think that would be very effective. While it certainly had some benefits, it just seemed a little too… well too Jellybean to really be of any use. She liked to yell at everyone, ever since she found out she could make noises.

We continue travelling in this fashion, her lying on my back and doing this squawk-talking thing she had learned (she doesn’t know any words yet but she’s picked up on the general babble) while I practice what is the perfect...

Oh.

SO that whole speech I was rehearsing? Well I plum forgot it as soon as I spotted them! This magnificent, hairy beast of a bonded pair wandering through the Threshold’s forest. I’m not going to say my jaw dropped but it certainly fell open a little bit because they were obviously so cool and there really wasn’t anything for it - I was going to have to go say hello! The bigger of the pair appeared to be searching for something but what do I know - those tall creatures that inhabit Helovia are always a little stranger than the pony folk that I was born and bred from.

“Well hello there!” I call out cheerfully and Jellybean, where she is sprawled along my white back, trills a greeting as well. Her red and yellow cockatoo crown unfurls slowly as she regards the pair - especially the cat-like thing. As part-bird, part-dog, I don’t really think she likes cats? But we’ve never met one before! I think she's just curious because her tail is wagging slightly, thumping against my back with each wag. “I’m Johnny and this is Jellybean! Do you need help finding something?” I mean, that was a safe question right? I was being helpful.

HERE HAVE SOME JOHNNY!
welcome back to Helovia!! <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Coming Home - by Beowulf - 05-03-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Johnny - 05-03-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Beowulf - 05-06-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Johnny - 05-14-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Beowulf - 05-16-2016, 08:45 AM