the Rift

Coming Home

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

So I’m pretty used to Jellybean squawking - as she learns how to talk it’s pretty much the only sound she enjoys making (because she knows it bothers everyone so much and she’s a little shit) - but even I knew that this squawk meant something different. SOMETHING BAD! We’re just trying to be helpful to the pair of strangers and this is how we were thanked?? I would much rather get licked the way I did the last time I was in the Threshold, thank you very much, none of this attacking business.

I’m slow and fat and of little help but I catch the freakin’ cat-thing in the corner of my eye as it leapt for Jellybean. So both my companion and I squawked out of fear as I tried to quickly scramble out of the way. Meanwhile Jellybean is FREAKING out and flapping her wings as she attempts to gain some altitude to escape from this monster thing but she can’t really fly on account of her butt being so big so she manages a few feet and all the time she is still squawking and I can actually feel her panic through our bond - which is so damn trippy and I don’t think I’ll ever get used to it. But it starts to freak me out and I bravely (or stupidly) try to put myself between the lynx and my hovering, screaming companion.

I’ll happily let Jellybean fight most of our fights because there’s not much room for bravery in a sugar-lined heart but for some reason I’m feeling fiercely protective of her and I wonder if this whole bonded-thing really has changed me like Tembovu said it might.

“Bad kitty! We're friends!” I admonish while looking over for help from the furry delight that had shouted at her moments ago - I refuse to lose my perfectly wonderful companion all because someone couldn’t keep his in check!

@Beowulf <3
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Coming Home - by Beowulf - 05-03-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Johnny - 05-03-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Beowulf - 05-06-2016, 12:43 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Johnny - 05-14-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: Coming Home - by Beowulf - 05-16-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: Coming Home - by Johnny - 05-16-2016, 10:46 PM