the Rift

Over the River and Through the Woods

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

Watchfulness in the pale eyes, but Caneo reads nothing else. He wonders if his perception falters now. Behind his ears the snake twists, aware of the gaze upon her but never flattered. Her interest in the wide world extends only in the direction of things which might fill her belly, and things which might seek to fill their bellies with her. She fears the latter less and less each day, as her bond with the silver creature strengthens. They make an odd pair, the two of them: both rare, lovely, deceptively delicate. And despite the kinship Caneo sees (unwanted) in the stranger, she disdains all but the knife edge of his bonded heart.

He stirs slightly, bored by the stranger's confusion and by the dwindling prospects of a worthy find. Long limbs stretch forward, devouring more of the distance between them. It's the mention of gods that glints against something lively in Caneo's eyes. He looks for a moment as if he might laugh, but he doesn't. "Gods," Caneo murmurs. Instantly a being of flame and brilliance flashes into his mind: horned, winged, burning. Caneo had not known a god then, when they met. He isn't sure he knows them now, though what he has seen breeds only disappointment. His thoughts are echoes of longing as he recalls the moon, her silver eyes and - no.

"How lucky!" he chirps. "I've met lots of gods." The long arc of his tail twists along behind him as he steps as if to pass this weary uncle, as if he means to lead him on to the throne of the gods themselves.

But Caneo pauses, one blue eye bright over the stark curve of his shoulder. "I live with one," he says pleasantly. He does not say how long it's been since last he glimpsed the voice of the sun. He does not say how he abhors the thought. "I don't know if he'd like you, though," he admits. Something like concern darkens the brilliance of his face. "They're picky, aren't they?"

Who he addresses this last to, Caneo doesn't specify. The snake, maybe - his imagination, maybe. He shakes himself, a sort of shrug. "If you look hard, you might find a nicer one. What do you need a god for, Uncle?"

sxc.hu

@Seanan

* violence & magic use always permitted *
Do not tag Caneo unless you are starting a new thread you would like me to see! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Over the River and Through the Woods - by Seanan - 05-03-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Over the River and Through the Woods - by Caneo - 05-06-2016, 09:28 PM