the Rift

a frosty day to fly [open]

Yol Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

big horse, big heart

The massive gray yearling didn't know what to do. Correction: he wanted to practice his flying but didn't know how to practice. He didn't want to take-off, and didn't want to run off a cliff. There were no cliffs handy, for one thing. For another, what if he just splatted on the rocks below? No. That was a very bad idea. He would try to run and jump. The Percheron shuffled his feathered legs, gazing at the pristine white snow before him. No doubt his legs would plunge through the white fluff and struggle to lift up. With a little puff of confusion, the stallion broke into a choppy canter, indeed struggling through the knee-high snow. The cold white stuff they called snow sang, very cold, on his skin. Outstretching his wings, he leaped off the ground and- crashed back onto it.

Snow shoved icy fingers up his nostrils, spiked his head. Snorting loudly, the stallion shook his head firmly, dislodging bits of snow from his ear and white frost from his dark face. With an insistent flare to his step, he turned and took up a brisk canter, and threw himself into a gallop. He outstretched his wings, gave an enormous down-stroke as he leaped. For a moment, the hefty body was suspended, before he tilted willy-nilly and crashed back into the ground from a good height of seven or eight feet. A squeal of protest left his black lips, and he reared, spinning around. Why couldn't he get this fat body off the ground? Fine. Yol restrained himself visibly, checked his wings to make sure they still existed. Yep. White-frosted and freezing cold.

The huge horse charged into battle like a war-horse, and this time, threw himself into the air and beat those behemoth wings as quickly as his bulk could allow. He cleared the ground, and began making steady way into the sky. It was too cold to go much higher, so Yol stayed about two-hundred feet elevation, welcoming the brisk air flaring over his beating, dark gray wings and the wind kissing his muzzle and fondling his legs. It was a lovely, frosty day to fly.

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

What a beautiful day it was. The sunlight appeared briefly in the sky every once in a while, turning the pristine expanse before Athena into a glittering, dazzling display. No hooves had touched the surface of this long stretch of snow, and it was perfect enough that the golden lass almost found it a shame to ruin it with her mark of passing. Nevertheless it as required should she wish to keep moving, and that she did. For a long time there was nothing but the wind whistling over the powdery substance, cold and attacking her legs as she pushed through it. Then, a dull but growing beat. Running, and the sound of wings beating the air. This was no surprise on such a clear morning, frosty as it was. Dragon's Throat housed many winged equines, and though Athena was born without them she was never bothered. She was not an equine, no she was Pegasus through and through. Her tail held feathers that lifted it occasionally, should she grow excited or agitated. No, she liked the ground just fine thank you.

Just as she found the sight of take off, apparent by the churned snow and abrupt end, the gray shape she had spotted in the sky moved away from her. Athena found this a shame, as she was rather fond of company. Trotting under the shape until she was close enough, the palomino let out a sweet whinny to call the flyer down to her. Hoping she would not startle the poor thing, as it was apparent that none had been around by the evidence in the snow. "Hello?" Calling up to him, afraid he had not heard her. Was it hard to hear when flying? Athena didn't know, and didn't want her lack of knowledge to take away the chance of company.

OOC: First time writing her, hope it will go smoothly.

Unregistered

big horse, big heart

Surprise flared in the stallion who had (finally!) gotten off the ground. Dark wings gave a downstroke, and he banked down, landing softly before the interesting mare before him. She certainly was intriguing, a golden palomino sporting a tail over the length of her body. Upon the end of this sinuous snake were two small wings, that fluttered softly. Yol gave the mare a friendly smile, a little startled, but more than happy to find company on this morning. Soft white snow cushioned his hooves as he walked closer to her, pausing a polite distance away.

"Morning! I'm Yol." He was a plain colt, and what came to his mind often went to his maw.

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

Hazel eyes watched as the great form dipped its wings and slowly came back down to where she stood. Once massive hooves touched down in the snow, Athena could tell it was a stallion, a young one at that. Despite his size he had a kind look in his face, and Athena found herself smiling. Gentle giant it seemed. Her tail intrigued him and her amusement had it flickering and winding against her right hind leg. "Hello and good morning to you as well Yol, I'm Athena. Dreadfully sorry to keep you from the skies, but I was hoping for a bit of company today?" Eyes taking on a hopeful look. They were fellow members, and Athena was never one to turn down a good conversation. It was always best to know who lived beside you when in a herd that was always moving- to this job and that request. It wasn't always easy to find them, and the palomino flicka was content that she could chance upon one who seemed kind.

Unregistered

big horse, big heart

"I'm always up for company, Athena." Yol gives a great big foal's grin, and twitches his tail. Normally, the stallion is somewhat serious, but today it's too fine a day. "So, are you new to the herd? I confess, I'm new as well, but perhaps I can help you a little if you so wish." Yol's mind flashed to Kri, the fierce and exotic chocolate mare. How one could withstand so much violence and war was beyond the sweet healer's heart. Although he knew and had practiced the art briefly, his stomach had made quite sure he would never spill blood but in the most dire and dangerous of circumstances. Despite his parents' firm wishes...

Dragon's Throat Pupil
Adoptable

A bright coltish grin meets the young maiden and she cannot help but to laugh softly at his kindness and enthusiasm. "Then it seems I have found the right person!" Hazel swirled eyes amused and kind. His offer is selfless, forming better the character of him she is setting up in her mind. "Ah, yes. I am rather new here in fact. I wished to learn more in the art of healing, and perhaps seek the gift from the Gods to do so with merely my energy. Though I know the lands well when searching for materials, I'm afraid I am quite lacking socially! I have not met many others." Warm smile only adding to the openness of her face. Was he too a healer? Or wished to be? He seemed the sort but Athena knew better than to judge a book by its cover. She was never one to assume. Her tail flickered faster behind her, curling around an ankle before loosening and curling away, brushing the snow from the ground. The little wings fluttered and it flew off in sparkles. Shifting her legs to keep the warmth flowing to the vital points farthest from her heart.