the Rift

early frost {open}

Vestakia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

v. estakia

Frosted grass blades and chilled earth crunched and crumbled beneath my cracked hooves. Moving through the late night and well into the early morning I traveled, and covered more ground than I cared for, keeping my mind busy, occupied. It did not bode well to be alone for any amount of time in any season, winter was the worse time to be alone. The lone piercing howl of a wolf cut into the air, drawing me to halt where I was. I listened, my heart thrumming wildly in my chest. Five seconds. . . ten seconds. . . fifteen seconds. . . he wasn't coming after me. I gave a sigh of relief, letting my head hang level with my shoulders though my ears remained as alert as ever. Wolves; the bane of anyone's existence. They could be particularly fascinating in their methods, and beautiful from a distance, but a starving wolf could be the death of me.

The soft breeze carried a puff of quickly freezing steam over my face, lifting my mane to expose my broken horn. Useless; without my horn I was nothing but I had not felt a detrimental sense of loss when I did lose my horn. I had simply felt. . . . incomplete for a time. I quickly adjusted, of course, anyone would adjust eventually, I'm sure, and it's survival of the fittest in this day and age. I flick my curled tail, the long ringlets pulled into waves by their own weight clicked as the tiny beads washed against each other with the movement. The eternal hymn of my life - beads and breezes.

"blah blah blah."
  • - - - OOC;; sorry I'm gonna take a while getting the hang of Vestakia D8

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Useless without the horn she was. Watching her from a distance I swallowed in her fear of being alone. I could sense the trembles through her head as the howl gave company to both of us. I stood still. Leaning against an old dying tree. Snow quickly burying my silver hide as my ashened legs stood out thick. Atleast she wasn't some nobody, her blood was of a unicorn and she was one of us. My kind. The greats.

Fear would consume you. In battle, fear is a weakness. In life, fear is a weakness. Fear is a weakness. Weakness leaves you open. Eligible for events horrible. If I had to say she was of no use in anything. A sigh let loose and picked up my hoof. The breeze finally picked through my own mane and I was sure she had caught me now. It flew her way as I watched it tickle through her own mane. By now she had closed the distance between us. A snort was left from me. "Now child, how could you lose such a precious gift?" moving from around the great tree I presented my full body. Height and weight consuming her by tons. My eyes set focus upon the fore of her head. Where the broken horn rested.

Attentive ears were locked on the surroundings I was not watching. For now I was the only one with the abilities of fight. I could tell by her scarless hide and pretty little features she was far from one of such talents. Each breath I took was now slow and deep, as the scars across my chest moved and danced rapidly. My short mane flipping about in the wind while my forelock, long and healthy, tangled curiously around my spiraled horn. My tail layed apon the snow as if to carve stories. My legs told fantasies that no one in their right mind would ever believe. I witnessed and lived a truth that only tales live.

Life and death... I was a part of each.

|ooc- I'm just getting back into rp-ing... sorry if it is terrible!|

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SVET.LANA
shadow kissed
moonlight dipped
oh so fine, oh so noble

Black wings shuddered, lining a steel coat. Onyx eyes sharpened. I gazed quietly at the scene before me, and then I approach. I am Svetlana. Eyes quickly asorb the pretty mare before me. A sharp nub of horn lifted from the ochre's face. On the other hand, the second mare was a mix of night and white, a warrior with a thousand scars upon a once-gorgeous hide. "The loss of a horn is not so bad as you may think. It does not have to shape your fate." I butt in bluntly, never one for the quiet banter of back-and-forth. I was a mix of diplomatic and a warrior, a fighter and a scholar, a philosopher and an attacker. But today, I was feeling hungry and battle-pumped, victorious from the news I had the election in my grasp. Even if I had been the only candidate... no matter. I had won. I was leader, along with two others. Evers, the scholar. And an equine. I knew I was pretty- I did not boast, but I was enthralling to most, despite the few scars that lined my silver coat. Wings of night and legs of jet, with startling eyes that were as deep and bottomless as an abyss. If one were to pick apart the layers with my eyes, they may actually find the intricate details of sorrow and love, the fear, the admiration, the hunger, the aggression, the willingness to fight. To win. To be number one, and for a good reason as well. "I'm Svetlana. I can offer you rest and sanctuary with a herd, if you wish, in the Windtossed Foothills."

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

v. estakia

I could feel the wind rush through my hair even as I moved to counter it. It tickled and lifted my silver and white mane and tail against my body, creating a thin buffer between myself and the slicing cold it brought with it. I snort, flaring my nostrils and expelling hot billows of steam into the air around me. I lift my gaze to the new words - unsure of their potential hostility. I stare at the scar-covered mare, ears twitching with uncertainty. "it was the horn or my life. . ." Whether she could hear my soft, whisper or not I didn't know - another was approaching, and fast, and had drawn my attention away again.

I glance between the two, such stark contrast from one to the other yet such harsh similarities it was unreal. I wanted to just study them, eternally. To just stand that and stare for hours and observe the strange little quirks, the flinches, the quick reactions to the smallest things, or even the slow reactions. The steady puffs of steam from everyones muzzles blurred the cold air between the three of us and I had the sinking suspicion that hostility would break out soon if something was not done to guide it away from the moment.

"I am Vestakia. . ." I glance between the two mares. From black eyes and extensive wings to pointed horn and a piercing gaze; oh what fine company you keep, Vestakia. The thought crossed my mind before I could stop it and it took effort to smother it down and keep my expression schooled. "May I ask to whom do I owe this pleasure of company?" it wasn't exactly my specialty to converse, but I could at least try, now, couldn't I? Fear tickled tight into my belly, driving home this chilly dread that I would not surface from this encounter totally whole.
  • - - - OOC;; no worries :3 and sorry if I take a while D8

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

She had merely had the time spit a brief, summary more like, story of how it was taken. The precious horn broken, so she could live. The mares tones were almost unheard among the wind and approaching other. A pegasus. Snorting with disgust my nostrils rippled violently. Snapping my scarred faced to the winged idiot I spat viciously, "I never said it was bad fool. Unlike you she is pure of blood." my ears quickly pinning closely to fluffy silver hair. Crawling their way to my neck. Harmful silver eyes stared straight to the small bat. Boiling blood began to pulsate unfashionably. The veins through my legs began to pop out underneath the coat of hair. Flaring cavaties gave strong signs of hatred.

Anxiety corrupted my being, flesh now crawling for the need to spill blood. Arching my neck I pointed my horn towards the unwelcome pegasus. Offering this pure blooded beauty a home among her kind, equines, and even our own traitors. "Only a foolish unicorn would follow you to a home filled with sky rats and nakeds." slapping an ash tipped tail upon hocks I set my focus back to the beauty now giving her name. My ears regained a position, forwards. A silver glare now becoming that of compassion, "Vestakia, it is a pleasure to be in your acquaintance. I'm Elizabeth. Do not listen to the foolish feather brain, they are not us. Not worthy. Tainted blood." my eyes danced to Svetlana, tearing apart her skull. As if to read the mind of a nobody. Quick enough though, they set back to the small unicorn "I can offer you my protection till we reach the others of our true kind, we can not waste time though my dear, leave this air head to wallow in her own stupidity." Slamming one more insult I stepped inbetween Vestakia and Svetlana only to further the protection. If the broken horned mare wished to question my authority and wise knoweledge, I will leave her to follow a nothing home. To become one that will soon die. We can't have traitors.

|ooc- don't worry about it, we all have our own pace(: lol|

Unregistered

SVET.LANA
shadow kissed
moonlight dipped
oh so fine, oh so noble

I let a snort of laughter out, not surprised at the Elizabeth's stubborn resistance. Perhaps she best keep a civilized tongue, lest she learn that my movements are swift and strong. I feel a pang of pity for the poor chestnut who must keep company with such a vicious gray thing graced with thick limbs and a poor neck. Ha! If this abomination dares to banter words with me, she'll be in for a scolding. Pity for the little chestnut. Amusement seeps from my mouth with every word, drips off my tongue with savage finery. "You are a toy soldier in my hands, stick-head. The dull cloud gray twig you call a horn must plunge through your brain, for only a fool would banter me with words. You play dangerous games with a serpent's tongue, and you should leave me be. I assure you, I have no wish to fight, but should you push me, I will hold steadfast. Unlike you, wings of night serve a good purpose in flight. Luckily for Vestakia, I would not leave her to such a blathering idiot who cannot control her tongue. You are fighting with a leader of the Foothills, a once Lieutenant of a land of war far beyond your small brain's grasp, and a true warrior. Unlike the slimy festering thing not worthy of a name you call yourself, horse of goat feet and one of the species who have the tail of a mere cow." I let the words roll swiftly off my tongue, and turn to the ochre mare. "I do apologize, my fine mare, for the atrocious words that leave my mouth of your race. I do not mean to stereotype, but with such rude unicorns, such as the mare beside me, I do hope you excuse my behavior. I assure you, my home with be your hearth for as long as you will, as long as you treat each race with kindness and justice." I hope I have not scared her off with my sharp tongue.

"blah blah blah."

Unregistered

v. estakia

The hostility that flooded the air, thick enough to slice right through, left me unnerved. The static charge of energy - though it was likely my own imagination to sense that and feel my hair stand on end - left me far more anxious than the eerie howl of the wolf from minutes ago. "Pardon, but I do not see the point in judging anyone simply based upon what race they were blessed or cursed to be born into. An individual did not ask their parents to conceive them nor did they ask them to give birth to them. . . it is no bodies fualt who and what they are." I flicked my curled black tail, feeling myself grow indignant at the idea of that this mare hated a complete stranger simply because she had wings and that she implied she would hate the hornless and wingless as well!

My nostrils flared as I tilted my head, lifting myself from the half-cower that I typically stood in. "Elizabeth," I tilted my head to the dark, horned mare. It was the best I could manage with my own disgust battling against the life long lessons my mother had drilled into me. It was hard not to judge her the same as she was judging Svetlana and hundreds of other unknown non-unicorns but I tried my best. "Oh!" Elizabeth, passing between myself and Svetlana startled me. I took a step back, jerking away from her to seek my own space from the mare and tilting my head.

"Mmm, tempting, Elizabeth but I fear I would be as unwelcome among your kind as Svetlana here is within just your pressence. I neither hate nor like anyone I have not met and I will not condem a creature simply because they are different from myself. It is a trully unbecoming feature." I step sideways away from Elizabeth, wary of the reaction I might receive from the horned mare. What would she do? She was, quite obviously, not above attacking anyone and I am as useless as any born without a horn at all in the state I was in. My ochre spiral would never grow back - in 5 years since the incident it had made no inclination to grow past the six inches I had left.

"Please, I am quite capable of caring for myself, Elizabeth, and just as capable of chosing with whom I keep my company. . ." it was implied though lightly, that I was unhappy with the bahviors she was expressing. Hostility and violence simply were not for me. I flare my nostrils, arching my neck into a soft breeze, the two feathers that I wore in my mane tickling my neck and ears. Svetlana spoke, and I listened - just as politely as I had listened to Elizabeth. The harsh words were not meant for me but the generalized descriptions did strike home in me. There could easily have a more personalized and direct way of addressing Elizabeth but I would not grade an insult.

"I would fail my mother to not excuse and forgive what comes my way, Svetlana." I offered her, and Elizabeth, soft smiles. Maybe, just maybe (in my naive own way) they would take to the kindness I offered and let the hostility fade away. "I think I will take your offer, Svetlana. It is not in my nature to judge nor to fight. I would be sorely put to place myself where I did not fit." Another slight flick of my tail accented by the rustling of my beads.

"blah blah blah"
  • - - - OOC;;

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

Ears now pinned upon black skin. Hard breathing was the surrounding sound and slowly as the foolish pegasus kept talking Elizabeth's hearing was banished. Deaf under the sound of pumping blood and steaming thoughts. "You fucking ignorant pegasus. I will banter you as I please. You're a nobody and since this pure blood chooses your way, I'll move on. I've served my purpose and soon her blood will shed the earth. pausing she turned to face the black mare that was still shedding words, interupting her "You're a traitor and soon the punishment that haunts you will catch up." a hearable threat.

"And you.. Lieutenant, I'll have you know I was once a leader of a strong nation, filled with war and nothing less. You do not frighten me with your wings." teeth clamped shut tight. Silver eyes stabbing to the winged creature. Her glare never forgave. As soon as the few seconds passed, Elizabeth swung her neck to the traitor. If it was up to her this mare would be an example of what happens to traitors. If Elizabeth's army still stood behind her Helovia would be a fallen world. Just like she's the Fallen. Elizabeth's glare never left Vestakia's face. "Seems as if you never deserved that horn anyways." disappointment spilling from her tounge. She turned to the frosted snow. Swerving around a tree before rising to a full speed run. Taking the hatred and uneasy flow of voices with her.

|ooc- I did not mean to take this long to reply.. soooo sorry!|

Unregistered

SVET.LANA
shadow kissed
moonlight dipped
oh so fine, oh so noble

I welcome Vestakia's words, pleased to find a mare who is not dulled by racism that may breed within each horse. A deep breath escapes, and I keep my tongue locked inside as Elizabeth's words reach me. Fury boils inside me, and my ears give a high-pitched keening as I struggle to come to terms with my anger. Queen the unicorn may have been, but in this land, she was nothing more than any other horses, whether horned or winged or neither. "I truly am sorry, Vestakia, for the words that came without thought. It was a rude and unprecedented thing to fall to Elizabeth's level, no matter how much she may have scorned my race." My wings half-spread, before re-aligning themselves to my steel flanks. "I can lead you to the Foothills, if you like." A new member. I hope she is worth the fight I'm sure will come to life between Elizabeth and I.

"blah blah blah."