the Rift

[OPEN] There is a hole in the world

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

There is a hole in the world.

I know it might seem forward to appear at the borders of a home, especially someone labeled as “outcast” but I find myself unable to mind my own manners. There are too many swirling thoughts, the classics light and dark battling for dominance of my brain and tongue. I do not know where the time has gone, I will be four this year with nothing to show for it save a wealth of experience about places not Helovia. The softly accented voice of a small tawny mare speaking a language I do not understand interrupts and for a moment my mental battle pauses. A slight smile breaks the black porcelain mask decorating my face and the light advances a step; perhaps I am not as alone as once imagined. Hildegunn, the sturdy ever sweet mare, has been my constant companion since Frostfall until today when I needed to come to a decision about my future.

Downcast eyes peer from beneath inked lashes as an approach demands attention.

The inner, never ending battle fades away in favor of the arrival of Ciceron and his
friend, Kiara. I remain wary of the tigress but dare not let it show…weakness is never favored no matter where one travels. His manners do not go unnoticed and I am quick to offer my own bow in return, dark muzzle touching an even darker chest in silent salute. It has been a long time since my last bow. I nearly chuckle at how lovely it feels to exercise the second of the three rules; Elegance. Cerulean eyes glance to Rift before speaking, “Ciceron, thank you for coming.” and falling silent to give my brother a chance to speak should he choose to.

Curved lips dance upward in a rarely witnessed smile.

Ciceron’s expression draws me out of my shell a surprising amount as a genuine smile finds its way to the surface. Did I just chuckle? The light sound escapes for a second, maybe two, before I stop myself in embarrassment…such displays have become foreign to me…On my journeys to find Rift I quickly learned to keep my guard up at all times. It is something that now grates and chafes as the lost girl shakes the bars of my mind. The small laugh may have been suffocated but the smile, I keep in place, truthfully I enjoyed Ciceron’s calming presence when we last met. Quietly, I finally reply. “You as well.” A weighted pause bound by nerves. “Yes…I think I have.” Not the most reassuring answer I could give but I am quite scared under the surface of being bound to one place after such a nomadic life.

And the hole is finally closing…

"speech"

OOC:  

@Ciceron
@Rift

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
There is a hole in the world - by Vu - 05-04-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: There is a hole in the world - by Rift - 05-05-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: There is a hole in the world - by Vu - 05-14-2016, 07:05 PM