the Rift

[OPEN] They Fall Down and Get Up

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
She was numb, empty, hollow: a carcass, meat and flesh stripped away to reveal only the architecture of her bones. Nymeria, once dark and confident and proud, had been reduced from something living and breathing to something wounded and dying. There was no blood on her skin and no bruises on her flesh that would reveal her injury's nature, but she was still damaged and still haunted by the memories overpowering her thoughts.

Everything was suspended in limbo for now. Her dreams, her hopes, her ambitions... they were fragile things in face of the storm that devastated her. Now they were in ruin, and while she knew she needed to rebuild, all she could do now was mourn for what was lost.

So she wandered. She heeded the tug of her hooves and succumbed to the wills of instinct, drifting back towards the dark and deep forest that had once been her home. Lilómiel guided her, a solitary point of brightness in the dark, his wings and flame carving out a path among the broken sun and slaughtered whimsy of her fantasies. Some distant and buried part of her longed to return to purpose and embrace her herd duties; for now, she ignored it. Herd, she had decided, could wait. She needed... she needed time to recover.

Whether it was fate or coincidence that brought the two lonely friends together Nymeria didn't know and didn't care.

What mattered was that Själ was there and more than anything Nymeria needed someone to lean on, someone to confess to, and with Volterra out of the picture Själ (beautiful, humble, angry Själ) was one of her her only friend. Nymeria thought that there might be tears welling in her eyes; Nymeria thought that she should be ashamed for the degradation and humiliation she had suffered through.

"Själ," she sighed, her voice failing beneath the weight of her sorrow. "Själ, I—I... is it strange to say I missed you?"

image credits

@Själ

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
They Fall Down and Get Up - by Själ - 05-04-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Nymeria - 05-12-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Själ - 05-14-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Nymeria - 05-15-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Själ - 05-15-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Mesec - 05-16-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Nymeria - 05-16-2016, 09:26 PM