the Rift

[OPEN] young tree [hatching]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
She tore her gaze from the fondness of the canopy to look upon the stallion as he spoke of his magic. A smile crept across his face that she couldn’t miss, her oceanic eyes studying the sudden slight change as he began to speak of himself and everything he could do. He spoke with a hint of pride hidden deep within him, speaking of Gods and abilities that took thoughts from others, in what Rexanna believed to be one of the worst ways of torture. She shuddered at the memory of being trapped by Calstron as he surfaced her memories back home, pulling them out from her mind and playing them back like it was some sort of movie that he had been dying to see.

A small snort escaped her as a shiver rippled down her spine. She turned away from him then, nodding. “I’ve never met the God of Spark.” Her voice was almost timid as she admitted that despite living within the very god’s land, she hadn’t ever met the higher being before. But if he had magic like that, given to the wrong person such as Calstron, only dark and terrible things could happen. There was nothing that feared the Thief more than someone stealing the only thing she could do for herself – her thoughts, her memories. Often, she wondered where life would have led her had she not had those memories to revel in for Cal to find. Perhaps she could have gone many nights without being tortured by the very man that claimed he loved her.

She often wondered if he really truly did love her after all. But those thoughts were drawn away as Rikyn’s voice reached her ears. It pulled her from the darkness her thoughts had dragged her to. His voice, where Cal’s was rugged with dark hints of baritone, Rikyn’s was lighter on her ears. For one, she never had Rikyn screaming at her all hours through the night over how terrible of a creature she was – how in the world his father could have thrown away his crown for a “worthless, frail equine with a useless horn”. Perhaps her and Rikyn had a lot more in common, wishing to be someone else at a young age. “I wouldn’t consider it a joke.” She began, shifting her attention back onto the chocolate stallion with flecks of gold that could almost reflect her as she allowed her gaze to look upon him. “You never know what kind of things can happen when you do that to people.” She admitted, seeking his gaze. “I’ve suffered it first hand.” It was barely a whisper, turning her head away from him and back to the canopy. If it weren’t for the electric feeling within her from Marembo at the sheer excitement of Duir letting him climb up on the cerndyr, she probably would’ve saved face and tried to leave. But no, the polecat kept her drawn there. Besides, she had to show him her magic and pray to the many gods that he wouldn’t use his on hers.

Marembo, reaching up with his tiny black paws, gripped the gentle soft fur of Duir and pulled himself up – slinking his tiny body across the tiny deer before coming to a full rest at his withers (his absolute favorite place to ride) and let Duir begin to bound him back to the creatures they were bonded to. He nearly collides into Rikyn and Marembo lifted his bright marbled face to look upon the stallion with a squeak and his attempt at a toothy grin. Meanwhile, Rexanna let her eyes drift from the canopy back to Rikyn momentarily. “I’m sorry, anyway. The magic I was gifted is pretty interesting, I thought. It’s pretty to look at, at least.” She shrugged, offering him a small smile before sliding herself into more of the center of the clearing where the trees didn’t crowd as much. Her hips swayed with the movement, causing her golden chains that were once a prison to dance along her body. When she came to a halt, she flicked her dual toned tail across the grasses to her ashen hocks, lifting her exotic striped face to the canopy in a way that sent her golden spiraled horn straight in the air. Only a few seconds passed before she felt the electricity humming within her body. She focused it, pushing it forward toward her horn as she felt the warmth begin to grow.

BANG.

Just like that, a loud pop almost like a gunshot was heard as the golden red sparks erupted from her horn. It shot toward the sky but before reaching the leaves of the trees, it erupted once more. It cascaded down in glittering golds and reds, some trails falling faster than others until they were no more other than smoking holes in the very few leaves that had managed to get in the way. Rexanna had turned her head back to Rikyn, excited to see his response. A smile erupting on her lips as if saying ‘whattya think of that?’ And to continue on her previous sentence, she smiled smugly. "But I imagine it can be quite painful as well."

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Rikyn
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-06-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 05-06-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-11-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 05-11-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-19-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 05-20-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-31-2016, 11:59 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 06-03-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 06-18-2016, 01:09 AM