the Rift

[OPEN] simple and clean

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It happened so quickly. Rexanna, reaching out with the hopes of touching her son had the favor returned with sparks of electricity - bouncing up and around her golden child. Gritting her teeth, she felt the unexpected zap from the sparks, numbing and piercing all the same - it vibrated in her veins, electrifying and terrifying all the same. But this was her son and she wouldn't let the pain stop her from touching him. Her jaw clenched further, her eyes shutting tight to try and close out the pain that reflected within them as she tried to hold a facade for Rein. Yet, amid the electricity that pulsed through her veins, she forced her eyes to open - her blues seeking out his own, wondering how he felt about this situation. Instead, she was faced with a scarlet sword, pointing straight at her throat. She gasped, eyes widening as she pulled herself from him - the electricity removing itself from her body and returning to its creator. Then she watched the sword fall, dissolving itself into the water at her son's feet. The tears continued to slide down her face, both from shock and pain from the sparks that still found its way to making her veins sizzle.

Remy had managed this entire time to slide off of the mare and find some place safe, away from the hazardous reunion. Watching as Rein approached his mother, embracing her and burying his face in her mane. Rexanna, wrapping her own body around her son, shut her eyes tightly once again and held onto her son - trying her best to soothe herself as well as the child that cried softly into her neck. Then, the next words out of the colt's mouth were nothing more than an explanation from their encounter before he left. Yet the Thief said nothing and just cherished her son and the sobs he tried to speak through, nuzzling him gently with her nose, both of their tears mixing with his blood. A few moments had passed, his words growing further and further apart.

"Shhhh, baby." She hushed the colt, pressing him into her tighter even though her hide twitched with the burns from the electricity. She fought through it, caressing Rein. "Look, look at me Rein. I'm okay." She breathed into his silvery mane. "I'm not mad. You did what you thought was right." She pulled from the child, placing a smile to her lips all while hoping to catch his gaze. "I suppose since you told me about how you got your scar, I'll tell you how I got mine." She added, her words were quiet but she still sought her son's gaze and hopefully his understanding. "I was born in a place far away - a place called Halyven. We were full of unicorns, but I was simply just a servant to the King. However, there was a war between my home and the East. Aciend was the name of it. To make a long story short, there's royal blood that runs in my veins - and yours too, Rein. I was sent off to be a peace offering for the two lands to stop fighting." She paused for a few moments, trying to find out how much of this he would be willing to listen to. "It didn't work, instead they found out I was only half royal blood, which enraged the Prince of the East. Until I came to Helovia, I had been escaping him. I thought I was finally free of him until the night before the last time I saw you." She paused, her nose gesturing down to the ebony crescent that marred her skin. "He's here in Helovia. He gave me this scar and I was so worried about you. I saw the scar you have and I thought - I thought maybe he had got to you too." She snapped her gaze back to his, pushing herself closer to him to embrace her son once again. Her legs trembling at the thought of the Blood Prince being anywhere near her son.

"As for you and your magic, I know it's hard. Sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do to learn how to control it. It's fate, Rein. Everything happens for a reason, despite if we like what the reason is..." Rexanna's voice was soft, calmer now. Her tears had dried and instead she tried to wipe away the blood that stained her son. "Everything will be okay. I never had magic before I came here. You remember Tembovu, don't you?" her voice was soft, longing on the mention of the Elephant King. "I almost shot him in the chest with mine, but I didn't know either." The Thief felt like she had begun rambling now, so she clamped her mouth shut, watching to gauge what kind of reaction the colt might have to learn so much information. If only a few animals had died at her sons hands, seeing the guilt spread across his face and throughout his body - she was sure he couldn't become the monster in her nightmares.

"Talk."
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

HAVE A NOVEL IN RETURN ;-; <3333 @Rein
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
simple and clean - by Rein - 05-07-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: simple and clean - by Rexanna - 05-07-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: simple and clean - by Rein - 05-08-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: simple and clean - by Rexanna - 05-08-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: simple and clean - by Rein - 05-08-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: simple and clean - by Rexanna - 05-08-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: simple and clean - by Rein - 05-11-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: simple and clean - by Rexanna - 05-11-2016, 10:16 PM