the Rift

[OPEN] c o u n t i n g

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
Duir dashes without many noises through the coniferous trees like a wild child, and his heart makes mine feel easy as air and full of static light. As a consequence, I’m doing foolish things, like chasing after him with laughter bubbling out me, as if I’m a colt, dodging and weaving through the pine trees, a thundering roar of noise in comparison to his delicate rustle. The branches tickle at my sensitive left side, still sore and not quite healed from Gaucho’s fire, and I don’t think it ever will without some sort of magical intervention at this point. Any other time I might be dwelling on how puny I’d felt when I woke up in the Heart after he’d (in my head anyway) skipped off with his heels clicking after I fell unconscious, but Duir did not care for my morose nature.

He almost demanded the game we played now, having taunted my mind with his soul’s bouncy bouncing. It was strange, the way he could make my hooves dance beneath me just because he’d seen a pretty flower he wanted to go look at, the way his mind impressed so strongly upon me the need to touch, smell, and see everything with abandon. While, most of the time, I could manage to stand still, staring at him very stiffly with my head aloft, and my eyes glistening… but this time, this time he won.

I almost run into him as the trees fall away and suddenly the world is gently rolling hills and the whisper of rivers born in the Birdsong thaw. He’s stopped dead in his tracks and is staring at the big ribbon of blue, and again the desperate need to see, oh gosh see!, coincides with a hesitant fear. He’s waiting here to feel my exasperation as I realize he doesn’t want to go out there because its open, and the water might not be safe. He’s waiting here to see if I’ll be afraid, too.

Instead I snort at him, like an older sibling, almost mocking but still tender enough to ease the concern darkening his forest eyes. His tail immediately begins its mad spinning, before darting upright as he plunges from the tree line, and out across the stretch of spring grasses between us and the river. I follow more slowly, containing the youthful abandon I’d chased him here with, because some pretty girl might see me (and men don’t play with deer), picking up the pace to a quick trot when I feel his mind explode with an urge to be friends with… something. I won’t know until I see it.

It can only mean someone’s at the river; I hope its just another rabbit or bird (he seems delighted to meet any and all creatures). Duir’s desire to meet whoever it is is so strong that I am forced to yell at him just to make it stop for a second, to feel myself overrule his eager, child’s mind.

"Duir!" I grouchily shout, coming upon him some few hoof beats afterward to find him prancing in place, staring from me to a colt alongside the river.

The colt’s really new, all delicate and soft looking, his wings more evident than his tiny horn as I look up at him. Duir feels the hardening of my heart and looks at me strangely, like he always does when I see a hornless, or a winged one. He looks back at the kid. When he looks back at me, this time, there is a measure of pleading to his gaze that I really cannot stand to look into for very long. It makes me feel… squishy.

I resent this feeling.

"Ugh, fine," submission lines my tone, which has softened again despite not wanting to mess with some crazy bird lady’s half breed child (if I only knew who is mother was I would be even more wary…), "let’s go meet the little turd."

With delight radiating off of our mind connection like direct and blinding rays of sunlight he is off to meet the colt, slowing his leaping as he approaches so as not to startle the little fellow. I follow behind, letting the young fawn lead, so any watching momma might get the idea – my bonded wanted to meet their kid. I was just along for the ride, because Duir was a pansy.

He’s already scrambled onto the first of the series of rocks the colt is leaping about on, green eyes luminous as he watches the progression of the boy from one flat surface to the other. He stares as if he is studying hieroglyphics rather than some child’s game, occasionally looking at the colt with his tail doing its friendly spin.

"Hey kid," I awkwardly remark, staring at him with a frown. It’s not until Duir turns around to stare at me like I’m a dick that I bother to add more to it than that. "What game are you playing?"

The cerndyr’s tail spins behind him in approval, and he continues his appraisal of the colt.

Gods save me from the children.

[ OOC: and Duir forces Rikyn to play with the foal muahaha. ]
there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Virga

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-10-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-17-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 07-30-2016, 10:55 AM