the Rift

[OPEN] c o u n t i n g

Virga Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Tribrid :: Growing :: yearling
kae

Not very forthcoming, this guy. Mentally, you label him defective when he fails to immediately answer your silent questions. Mama always figures out well enough whatever you want to know! Your sort of pathetic fear of — I mean — your inexplicable disinterest in other adults has left you without any real sense of how they should be, and so frustration trickles into your head. It feels like pressure, like a dull heat, blurring the most intricate workings of thought. A minute frown creases the skin around your muzzle as you look over Duir, your head bobbing. His friend doesn't know what he is? What kind of shitty, half-assed friend...? I mean, you don't have any friends, but if you did, they'd be better than that! You're sure.

Anyway, at least you know the nice one's name now. Even in your head it sounds more like door, so you just give him a nod, your little tail flicking this way and that. If Vesper were here, she'd probably be saying it out loud, again and again and again, until she got it right. You, though, have yet to grace this world with the sound of your voice. Even when you sort of want to, potential words jumble and twist around in your chest, and it's too hard to get them out just yet. They're like flightless birds, not ready. No amount of staring or judgment from the not-so-nice one will make them ready, either.

That's okay, I guess. The not-so-nice one turns out to be sort of nice, actually, the more he talks. And he keeps talking, so you keep listening. Your little head tilts up to get a closer look at the budding antlers on top of Duir's head. Then suddenly a thought occurs, and you remember the weird little knot in the middle of your own forehead. Mama called it a horn, but it seems pretty much the same as antlers, just Duir's are two. Cheerfully, and completely oblivious to any potential for harm, you rear back and then shove your gangly little body at whatever-he-is, forehead first. You mean to lightly headbutt him on the nose area, so he can tell you have a horn, too, but you're not the most graceful athlete yet and so you come at him a little hard. Hopefully he manages it all right.

Virga
silver horses chased down moonbeams in your dark eyes

image credits

@Rikyn <3

Messages In This Thread
c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-10-2016, 10:06 PM