the Rift

[OPEN] c o u n t i n g

Virga Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Tribrid :: Growing :: yearling
kae

Bang! Impact echoes and re-echoes through your head. Wow! That was an awful idea, Virga. You stagger away with stars winking in front of your eyes, dazed and a little drunk with the force of it. Turns out horse heads are not made to withstand concussive force the way Duir heads are. This might be a good thing to remember, but you forget it immediately.

Once you regain your composure, you turn toward your new friend (friend?) and peer up at his forehead a little gingerly. How did he get so strong? Is it because he's bigger than you? Because of his big friend? Unlike you, he's absolutely pleased with the outcome of this little decision, and his voice is a song unlike any you've heard so far. It's nice, you think, through the remaining tangle of your thoughts. You like him. I hope you don't have a concussion.

Enough of your wits remain, at least, that you reel back when the buck prepares to strike again. That's enough! Enough for one day, at least. Half rearing, you spin and bolt toward the big guy, your tail twitching like a hyperactive pendulum. Wide-eyed, you try to skitter behind Duir's friend. Instinct still tells you adults are safe. Logic tells you their bulk makes for a natural barrier against over-eager friends intent on headbutting you into early forgetfulness. You feel a little bad about hiding from Duir though, and a little sad about being away from him, so you try to creep out and peer at him for just a second. Maybe you can play a.... gentler game next? Your ears twitch to the adult again, somewhat imploring.

Virga
silver horses chased down moonbeams in your dark eyes

image credits

@Rikyn Augh tried to write this so many times and it did not. want. to be written. I figure this can wrap up soon-ish and then once Vir starts talking they could meet again? :o I would love if Rikyn wanted to be a sort of mentor figure to him, unless that's not really Rikyn's style. I love him. x)

Messages In This Thread
c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-10-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-17-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 07-30-2016, 10:55 AM