the Rift

[PRIVATE] howlin' for you

Libertad Posts: 24
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 2 ::Tallsun
Minx

His mother had left him. So Libertad followed. He fled from the confines of Helovia after mere childish need and quickly found himself lost. Not even his trail of red could lead him back to the safety of his sister… Oh d’Arcy.. In the time away he found so quickly that there is only one individual he truly needs and it is not his mother. The rose had taken his adventures on his own and in the weeks since he can feel his body changing. A starving beast is beginning it’s slow awakening and he hasn’t found the satisfaction to the hunger. He makes his way back to familiar grounds and he can feel excitement swell into his chest. The colt shifts his gait into a fast gallop. His hooves rumble against the ground and his eyes grow wide in anticipation. d’Arcy will be waiting for him.. d’Arcy will come to him and he can feel that starving beast rumbling at the thought of his sister.

He doesn’t pause at the borders to wait. Libertad just continues to gallop and take in the familiarity of his childhood home. His roses follow behind him and leave their mark upon the ground, practically announcing his return.

“D’ARCY!” Libertad calls, his voice having deepened since their last meeting. Already he can imagine the smile upon his sister’s face. Oh how overjoyed she’ll be for him to have finally returned from his journeys, and there’s not even a sneaking suspicion that the filly will be upset or angry with him. How could d’Arcy be upset? They are two halves that shall be made whole once again and perhaps she’ll revel in this new body of his. Part of him even hopes to settle the growing hunger inside of himself. The strain from his running catches up to him and he wheezes from his ailment. After a brief coughing fit, the rose resumes his search for his twin and his eyes scan over the area eagerly for some sign of her.
?

In my city I'm a young god

@d'Arcy

* tag me in all replies please
*force is permitted at all times
*pixel by padarii@dA

d'Arcy Posts: 21
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 2 years :: Tallsun HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Laine

She stops dead in her tracks, and for the barest breath if a moment stares transfixed at the line of blood that crosses her path on the snow flecked ground. Perhaps some would be frightened, perhaps others would think some wounded animal had come this way... But d'Arcy knows the pattern, knows the smell, knows that this blood is her blood and that Libertad had found his way home.

Mother had told them she was going, but her twin had given no such warning, and it was his departures, his absence that had been the first thing to ever truly hurt the red girl. He had been her wombmate, her perfect other half, and he had left her. She had spent weeks, months? trying to patch up the gaping hole. In getting to know and learning from the herd’s sneaks she had tried to find some other place and purpose to fill the void that he had left. ’You don’t need him to live, d’Arcy! You don’t need anyone!’ she had repeated to herself, trying desperately to make it true.

"D'ARCY!"

The call is a dagger to the heart, one that buries itself deep and twists and leaves her bleeding. And, oh, it's blood that calls to her, the voice has changed but she knows it and it pulls her from any sense of calm she though she had found to tear at her down, wrecked like a ship upon the rocks. How could she have deluded herself that she didn’t need him? Her eyes and heart lift in the direction of the sound and the red shadow is off through the trees at a breakneck pace.

And there he is, just ahead… He’s taller now and beautiful—so beautiful she might have wept—and indeed there are tears in her eyes as she skids to a halt just yard away. There’s a fear there, one that keeps her from reaching for him, that he might disappear again. Somewhere in her heart too, was a bitter regret, for now that he had returned she had tasted her last of the sweetness of an independent heart. "Libertad." It's barely a whisper, a plea and a prayer.

You'll see her in your nightmares, you'll see her in your dreams
She'll appear out of nowhere but she ain't what she seems
@Libertad | image | coding
when I tell you that i love you
don't test my love
accept my love, don't test my love
cause maybe i don't love you all that much

Libertad Posts: 24
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 2 ::Tallsun
Minx

She comes and when he sees that red frame everything is right. Libertad can’t help but draw his eyes hungrily over her body… That body that was pressed against his in the womb, the one he has been separated from for far too long. He grins when she speaks his name and slowly he steps towards her. That hunger in him doesn’t quiet.. It roars and he can only guess it is his sheer need for his sister.. The need to be close.. The need to touch her.. Libertad moves to stand on d’Arcy’s right and tries to press his side into her’s.

“I missed you.” He says in a low voice, that strange craving he feels in his body creeps into his voice. Desire leaves him unsettled.. What is happening to him and his body? Mother had been oh so busy.. Far too busy to tend to her children and explain these changes. It is undeniable that he resents his mother’s departure even if she had warned them. Libertad had been hardly more than a boy when she simply decided to leave.. Yet he had left d’Arcy.. but that is different he tells himself. They are not the same. Libertad had gotten lost. He hadn’t meant to leave d’Arcy, besides.. She is his just as he is hers.. The rose denies the abandonment vehemently in his mind, telling himself there is no wrong that was done. D’Arcy cannot possibly be angry at him for he completes her. Libertad reaches out to grasp a strand of her hair and give it a gentle tug, an affectionate antic from their younger days.

The rose then turns his face to press it close to her ear. “I won’t leave again.” He says, a soft promise and he tells himself that will be enough.

In my city I'm a young god

@d'Arcy

* tag me in all replies please
*force is permitted at all times
*pixel by padarii@dA