the Rift

[PRIVATE] Patches

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Given that Knox is almost always paying careful attention, he's surprised when Aquila surpasses him and he notices something new. Her blood. Perhaps their walk had exacerbated her wounds and made them to bleed more, or perhaps he'd really been so unobservant that he hadn't noticed her shoulder before. Whatever the case, he is surprised when the mare bleeds blue. After all, that isn't a very normal thing for injuries to do.

When her back is still to him he frowns, his nose wrinkled up tight at the sight. It isn't Cem who is squeamish, and it isn't Knox either. Zsoka's childlike immaturity takes over and inside screams, trying to take over the hunter's speech.

{Zsoka:} LOOK at it! It's so gross!

And though Knox can't deny that the sight of blue spreading so brazenly through the waters of his home is strange to see, he won't give in to his ancestor's temptations. If anything he's offended that she doesn't wait a moment before plunging into his home as if it is hers. But then again... isn't that what's this all about? Making his home hers? Being inviting, welcoming, convincing?

Curse his brother and the very cause of diplomacy that binds him to politeness in the face of one who has bested him. She asks him a question that he doesn't have any real or honest or good answer too, and so he is thankful when another arrives and answers it for him.

Agnodice, she says. A caretaker, she says. Not all of the herd but a fair enough amount. And he? What is he, besides outside of that number? Maybe a narcissist for thinking only of himself in this moment. The hunter flinches inwardly and the sight and introduction of her companion, not wishing to greet another dark shadow that isn't his own. Just when he thinks he's getting better...

He shakes his head in a nod, distracting himself and contributing as passively as possible to the scene. The motion looks odd in Cem's stiff white form, but it's graceful enough to pass as a greeting.

"Agnodice," he says, repeating her name with an easy, cold roll of his tongue. "I don't believe we've met; I'm Cem." His introduction is curt. He looks to Aquila, wondering if she'll offer her own name, but figures it's better if he doesn't do it for her. "It's a good thing you've come when you have, I was bringing our guest here to see the Falls and was hoping one of our herd's caretakers could mend her wounds."

His long tail moves slightly and his eyes narrow as he watches the two drastically different mares. One bleeding blue in his waters, the other with flowers in her hair and a shadowy hero on her back. Agnodice looks like a perfect image of a representative of this herd, at one with the Earth God and her rank.

Knox would be lying if he said he isn't thankful that someone's come to reprieve him.

""

Make no mistake I don't do anything for free
I keep my enemies closer than my mirror ever gets to me
Full Image

@Aquila and @Agnodice! Sorry this sucks but it's up. I've had trouble focusing.

Also Prissy, heads up, Knox is in the form of his ancestor Cem right now, you can see appearance on his profile, but he's a very old white nonius. :)

Messages In This Thread
Patches - by Knox - 05-12-2016, 07:23 PM
RE: Patches - by Aquila - 05-13-2016, 10:27 PM
RE: Patches - by Agnodice - 05-14-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: Patches - by Knox - 05-14-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: Patches - by Aquila - 05-16-2016, 02:10 AM
RE: Patches - by Agnodice - 06-08-2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Patches - by Knox - 06-14-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: Patches - by Aquila - 06-19-2016, 08:15 AM