the Rift

[PRIVATE] The joker and the thief

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
"LIFE'S TOO SHORT FOR BULLSHIT." - N. CAMPBELL

“I’ve been well. Traveled south for a time, but nothing particularly noteworthy developed – unfortunately. I am sorry you did not get to meet your sister, though it sounds like your trip was productive.” She offered the girl a small smile, which was a large offering from the painted mare.  There were few things that Iona cared for more than family.  It was her twin that had drawn her here, and Alysanne’s loyalty had inspired her to stay and serve.  Iona couldn’t imagine being separated from her again, the separation they had already endured had been painful enough.  She hoped that Raeden would find her way to her kin soon enough.  It sounds like there had been development in the north as of late, perhaps a shakeup of their upper ranks.  It was to be expected in any herd, but good to be aware of nonetheless. “Thank you for taking D’Arcy along with you. I think we have quite a talented sneak to be in the girl.  I’m sure she appreciates the gesture as well.  Perhaps the two of us can arrange some lessons for her and the other children later in the season?”  It seemed a good idea to get the children involved, and perhaps even some of the grown who wanted to know something of their craft.

Iona’s green gaze then shifts to the ruby dancing around the pale mare’s horn. “It suits you,” Iona said with a small smirk, nodding to the gem.  “And I’m sure my sister and the other healers will appreciate the bag,” It certainly would make herb gathering easier, or taking supplies to the injured if the Gods ever decided to drag more lands and unhappy residents from another world. Iona paused for a moment before shifting her gaze back to the pale mare.  Even though the girl was young (wasn’t everyone, compared to the painted pegasus?) Iona saw potential in the girl.

“You’ve done well Raeden.  You’ve certainly proven yourself to me, and to the herd.  Sometimes being a sneak is a thankless job since we operate in the shadows, but it certainly helps to be in such good company. You’ve earned the promotion to Specter.  Will you accept the position?” she asked, watching for the reaction of the mare she hoped to call her equal. 

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

[ooc: phew that took forever. first week of work after vacation = no bueno <3]

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
The joker and the thief - by Iona - 05-12-2016, 11:20 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Raeden - 05-13-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Iona - 05-19-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Raeden - 05-20-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Iona - 05-30-2016, 09:00 PM