the Rift

[PRIVATE] The joker and the thief

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
"LIFE'S TOO SHORT FOR BULLSHIT." - N. CAMPBELL

”I’m the last person you have to apologize to, Raeden.  Aly and I are twins too.  We were separated for many years before I was finally able to come to Helovia and find her here in the Edge. I understand letting nostalgia getting the better of you.” Again, the painted Pegasus offers the pale mare a small smile.  It’s not often that Iona finds a kindred spirit, of sorts, but she can’t help but see a lot of herself in her youth in the girl.  The fondness for her sister was evident enough, and Iona lived and breathed for Alysanne.  Even now, after everything.  “It’s amazing how quickly responsibilities can come between family.  I think that’s what happened to Aly and I – we were each so involved in our own priorities.  She was healer here, I was involved in a resistance movement in our old home.  It came between us, though neither of us can regret our involvements.” Her eyes darken with some unspoken emotion.  Perhaps it is remorse.  Perhaps it is just regret.  It burns regardless. “I hope you two can find your way back to each other in time, too. I mean that truly.” She finishes, her green-eyed gaze again returning to Raeden’s. .

Iona moves seamlessly from sentiment to business, allowing only a few moments of comfortable silence before processing the rest of Raeden’s report. “Its good to know our allies in the north are welcoming. That will be useful for crafters to know if they head north to trade glass goods. Certainly something to be filed away.” Iona was unsure what the intentions were with the herd in the north.  What she did know is that she would likely be an unwelcome visitor there, seeing as she bore no horn and a set of wings, so she was grateful that Raeden brought with her good news.  Iona, of course, knew how important alliances were to politics.  She also knew how tenuous they could be.  It took so little to break even the strongest of bonds between lands.  She wondered if Tembovu and Elsa knew of Raeden’s relation to one of the Basin’s leads, but did not press for the information.  Instead she simply filed it away, as she did with all little bits of information.  This was not her information to share, and she wouldn’t use her fellow Specter as a pawn in any political game – especially one like Raeden who had already proven herself to the painted mare.

“I think a lesson or two may be a good way to get some others involved,” she continued, though her mind had wandered she had remained focused on business. Another blessing afforded to her by age and experience, she supposed. ” I know some of the young ones were interested but maybe it would be enough to draw interest from one or two who wish to join the ranks.  In the very least it will be something for the younger ones to do before they are old enough to join the ranks.  Perhaps we could even make it a game. We’ll have to put our heads together and see what we can come up with.” She paused, rolling the ideas over in her mind.  “If we plan far enough ahead, you or I could try to…procure something that could be offered as a prize to those that want to participate.” At the thought, a smirk blossomed on her dark lips.

“I would certainly appreciate the help, and I know you’ll be up to the task. Along those lines – if you need anything, come find me,” she offered, genuinely, with a small dip of her head.

I O N A
image credit

@Raeden

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
The joker and the thief - by Iona - 05-12-2016, 11:20 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Raeden - 05-13-2016, 11:24 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Iona - 05-19-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Raeden - 05-20-2016, 10:10 PM
RE: The joker and the thief - by Iona - 05-30-2016, 09:00 PM