the Rift

[PRIVATE] The drums were sounded

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu the Elephant King
Ears twitch at her question of his chains to the herd. “I may wander where I please,” was his quick, rash, immediate answer. But he followed it shortly with, “But I should stay near or close within the Edge’s borders…” his low rumble trails, perhaps with some regret— though it faded as a scowl creased his brow and face as she called him ’slow.’

His scowl deepens as her words continued to tease, forever promise just outside of reach. Firstly because of the Makutano and now… Now because of his ties within Helovia and the scars on her flesh. Though her sudden giggle draws at parts of him— parts he found hard to ignore; parts that drew his attention to the sway of her hips against his skin as she moved forward and turned to face him.

And, for a moment, he thinks he has reached her as he watches her listen to him. Her plains-marked face is lined with seriousness, hearing him… “You know me, I’m a glutton for punishment.” Ears that had swung forward tilt back against his skull as a harsh, annoyed snort pushes past his nostrils. Eyes narrow, “Ada, I do not like joking about that,” Indeed, his lips purse at the memory of finding her bleeding, collapsed body after Mawindo had trapped and beaten her…

He sighs at her question, thinking long and hard about his answer. There was much wrong— when he thought all was right, suddenly his relations were all in shambles. His chest grew tight, heavy, as the faces began to run through his mind; navy eyes darken, dropping away from Ada’s watchful gold…

And, instead of voicing aloud all the fodder his demons were thriving on, his low rumble simple says, “I did not think I would see you again. I though, in Dorobo, that it was goodbye. I never envisioned myself escaping alive.” The last part of his confession catches him by surprise— he hadn’t realized that until he had fled. Fled the pointed horns pointed at his great chest. He had planned on dying amid the ruin he had caused.

Instead, now, he was a King. Shaking his head slightly, his eyes seek to meet hers again, “You’ll be happy to know that Aji is here,” his muzzle reaches out to innocently nibble at the ends of her mane, eyes trying to lighten and leave the demons and darkness behind as he teases her with her frenemy’s name. And, after all her teasing, he couldn’t not touch her.

@Adaeze

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-13-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-13-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-14-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-15-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-24-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-24-2016, 04:09 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 06-01-2016, 02:38 AM