the Rift

[PRIVATE] The drums were sounded

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu the Elephant King
“It’s something that I’d rather joke about because if I didn’t, I’d cry about it.” Her words, the truth that resonated so deeply in her explanation, pressed his lips together and shut his eyes. There was guilt, pain, anger— it was a multitude of emotions that roared in his chest at her words; and they were all directed at himself.

But, as natural as all things were with Ada, she simply agreed to his poignant request. And that was all— no grudges, no dragging him through her blood that he had spilled or reliving the scars he had left on her.

Done. Moving on.

Though their words were serious, a shimmering light of relief lightened his chest. It grew lighter with her laugh— and that is all he focused on her. Her laugh, the sway of the man he nibbled as she shook her head; gone were the responsibilities and guilt. Gone were the shredded hearts and hurt souls.

It was simply an Elephant and his kitten.

And it was easy.

“You made it your mission to make sure that I got out alive.” His head drew away from her mane and cocked at her confusion while her words faded. “Of course I did. You didn’t need to die— too many I cared about already were buried in Dorobo’s sands…” he trailed off for a moment, before adding, “And I couldn’t allow those haunches to go to waste,” he grinned and winked, just as she voiced that she was glad he made it out alive.

“You didn’t?” his surprised question was pushed past his lips before he could stop it. For all the shared secrets between them, he had been both her captor and abuser for so long in the Great Plains… His thick, black lips opened and closed, searching for words to follow his surprised, unintentional question. But he found none.

So, instead, he reached out his skull aiming to bump his muzzle against her chest, “I’m sure he’d rather hear it purred from your sweet mouth.” He chuckled deeply at the thought of Aji seeing Ada once again. “He’s a spy for the Edge now,” he paused, gaze sweeping her body in thought, before continuing, “Do you want a trade in the herd, Ada? We’ve healers, crafters, spies, warriors, and wise ones.”

@Adaeze

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-13-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-13-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-14-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-15-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-24-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-24-2016, 04:09 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 06-01-2016, 02:38 AM