the Rift

[OPEN] Rise on Glass Thrones

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu the Elephant King
The Elephant King saw how hard Anzanie worked— having to send her away from her child to the land of southern heat to craft on behalf of the Edge. And he had send Alune away, interrupting the Seer’s vigil to their goddess, in order to craft trades for the cold and mountainous north. While crafting glass may not be as taxing to the soul on others as they were on him and his demons, he still felt a twinge of guilt for having overwhelmed and overtaxed those glassworkers within the Edge.

And another had risen in the Edge— attracted to the glass shards as jagged as the scars on her body. She was quiet, the pale gray mare. But she had been dedicated to the glass craft and to the Edge. His navy eyes studied the faded painted glass that laid alongside a snoozing Mbwene. It was smooth, tusk-shaped, and prized by his small companion. She had painstakingly painted it that day Glasgow had collected the paints and gathered Edgers.

Even know, her trunk wrapped around the glass that slowly chipped and paint that faded. It wouldn’t last past the season, but it was still the act that mattered. Glasgow’s act has brought happiness to his companion, and in turn happiness to him. And he had not been the only one present at the staining of glass.

So his gaze rose from his elephant’s bed of pine needles, long limbs beginning to carry him away from the sleeping calf. He didn’t want to wake her (gods, the wrath of a grouchy pachyderm would befall him if he did). So, after traveling far enough away (though he knew his bellow would likely still awake her), his bugle sounded over the Edge, “Glasgow! Your King would like your presence.”

@Glasgow and open to everyone!

Please tag Tembovu.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
Fools gold shines like diamonds in our eyes
The call bellowed across the lands, seeking her out through the mists and pines that Glasgow had called home. She had grown used to the shadows and the seemingly melancholy state of where she chose to reside - slowly realizing overtime that it had seemed to resemble her in more ways than one. She often wondered if she would've changed had she taken Thranduil up on his option of taking her home to the Basin. But no, the North and it's chill didn't seem like a great idea on old and aging bones. So she followed Ophelia here, sad and regretful, only to blossom into someone she hadn't been in so many years. She had turned into someone she dearly missed, and it felt good to be back to her usual self. Whether or not it was the change of pace and actually taking action in the Edge and what her King asked of her, or if it were from that devilish stallion she had met that gave her a feeling inside her chest like none she had felt before, she wasn't sure. But she was happy.

So she followed the call, carefully stepping over thorn bushes that reached up from where she had found her place to sleep. It was a place near where her dear friend Tilney had found his home. She chose the one that could've used a bit more gardening, but having the thorns nearby was almost reassuring to her. She'd be able to tell if someone tried to approach her from a place she had little vision from. Yet, as she approached where the sound had come from, her glassy eyes danced between the trees to spot her magnificent King in all his glory. Normally, under the circumstances of her home (before all scarring of course) a King requesting her presence was anything but frightening. But she felt her stomach drop at the call. Despite her happiness, they hadn't gotten as much done that day painting as she had hoped. Had she failed her King? Is that why he was calling for her presence near the place she hosted the painting event in the first place? Her subconscious battled her on going further, to show her presence. She didn't listen, however, and stepped through the line of trees to meet her King.

Dipping her head deeply in a bow of hello, she offered him a smile. Her lips moving against the scarlet scars that traced her muzzle and her eyes as her glassy orbs sought his sapphires. "My King." She began, straightening her posture to try and appear the opposite of the broken mare that she had been when she first came to the Edge. "You requested me?" She questioned, tilting her head slightly. Her glassy horns glinting with the light that filtered through the trees, the first one on the bridge of her face cracked and broken, but still carried diligently within the tresses of her tail. She cared for many things, mostly life overall. And her broken horn she bore with her as a symbol to remember that life was a gift. You could either do nothing with it, or become something. Perhaps this was her day.

"Talk."
thought we had a million—
but, baby, we got nothing.
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tembovu AHHHH
@Anzanie  if you wanna join <3
if anyone else wants to hop in, I'm okay with that :D

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
anzanie
Quote goes here woot woot
and the fun continues what
Little had happened to the splashed princess since her return from the Throat, so little in fact that she felt just about ready to give up. Anzanie still was not the bouncy creature she knew she was, and in fact she had all but pushed away her daughter for it. So the call for Glasgow had pushed her even further into the silhouette of Tembovu as his words seeped into her bodice. They may have been a call for the other of the World's Edge but she felt compelled to come and do her bidding. Crafting felt like it was all she had now.

She stepped up to the two figures who had grown larger and larger as she padded up to them with her daggers slightly heavy on the ground, almost slumped in body language. Her pools dull, she nodded to the pair of them and tried to eminate a smile that was not replicated in any other part of her cranium. Her coat even looked dull, but she tried to hide it from her peers. With an almost whisper-like volume to her tone she spoke to the pair of them,

"Tembovu, Glasgow. May I be of assistance?" Crafting is all I have.

" . "

image | coding

@Tembovu
[Sorry for the delay and the shittiest of shitty posts!! I'd like to treat this as a mass post for a lot of the crafting that you'd like Anzanie to do if that would be okayy? Sort of like a side-post to what Glasgow needs to craft, totally up to the pair of you! <3]
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Navy eyes warmly watch the careful approach of the grey-dipped mare— until he saw the worried look that crossed over her scarred face. His great skull cocked slightly as he watched the deep bow of her head in greeting, navy eyes following the dip of her broken horns. Curiosity, as usual, rose in him as he saw the scars and glass horn-tip in her tail. What life had Glasgow led before coming to the Edge and working with glass?

But he swept his curiosity aside (for now), instead grinning in greeting to the slender, slight woman. “Glasgow,” his low voice rumbled warmly in greeting. But before he could continue, another appeared. This was the svelte, lovely splashed body of his other Glazier, “Anzanie,”, navy eyes lose some of their warmth as they fall on the her face that was filed with sadness rather than its usual cheer, “I’m glad you are here. Are you alright?” He pauses, watching her slumped body for a moment, concern replacing the amiability in his features.

Lips pursed for a moment, before he returned his attention to the feminine, grey mare, “Glasgow, your attention and dedication to the herd and the working of the Moon’s glass has not gone unnoticed. In recognition of this, I elevate you to the rank of Glazier,” his head dipped in respect of the woman’s new rank, a broad smile warming his face and dark eyes.

His horn sliced through the air as he turned to look at both mares, so different in their appearances yet so similar in their dedication to working the Goddess’s chosen craft. “In wake of sending both Anzanie and Alune to other herds to craft, the Edge is now in need of items, itself. Anzanie, now that you are back, would you be able to craft spears and shields for our warriors? The goddess has given us the Edge tasks before erecting glass spikes, and the soldiers must spar with them,” dark eyes study the splashed princess, worried, “And, if you are able, I think having a set of glass caltrops to throw at the feet of invaders would be helpful, ” Concerned eyes lingered on his slumped friend for a few moments, before he once again returned his attention to the newly appointed Glazier.

“Glasgow, our sleuths would benefit from small, discreet blades— as would a few of our warriors. And our doctors, particularly Alysanne, require some jars to store the healing herbs they collect. Would you be able to make these?” His head cocked as he wondered if he asked too much of the newly found powers in the Glazier, or if she was eager to delve into her new abilities.

He paused for a moment, suddenly becoming uncertain as his eyes dart to the snoozing Mbwene whose trunk wrapped around the disintegrating tusk, "And... would one of you be able to fortify Mbwene's glass tusk so that it won't chip and break? She's become quite fond of it..." Was it right or just for him to ask something of himself? It seemed... selfish. But less selfish, since he asked on behalf of his the elephant calf.

@Anzanie if you want to craft the shields/spears (~5 of each, medium items) and caltrops (~10, small items) in this thread, then I'm fine with that <3

@Glasgow if you want to make glass blades (I think we need 8-10, small items) and glass jars (5, small) in this thread or another thread, either works!

Just put in OOC notes what you're crafting! :D -excited-
And whoever wants to make Mbwene's glass tusk permanent, I'll thank you forever <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
Fools gold shines like diamonds in our eyes
Her King’s voice rumbled her name, and it took everything of the old mare not to show more worry across her face - despite the grin that sat across his face. She offered him a minute smile in return until another figure came into the group. Ears flickered to the splashed mare, one she hadn’t met yet officially but recalled seeing. She assumed this mare was the Glazier that Glasgow was supposed to meet up with, but had failed. Was this to be some sort of interview? Her ears wavered as she dipped her crowned head to the Glazier. “Hello.” Was all she could muster, seeing the slumped appearance of the mare. Tembovu had beaten her to the question, and so she said nothing. What point would it have been to reiterate a question from a King? So she watched, silently, until the Elephant King’s attention had returned upon her.

Turning her attention back, glassy orbs watched as his lips parted and moved as he spoke. “I elevate you to the rank of Glazier.” Her jaw parted, dropping in surprise and wonder. This wasn’t an interview, this was a promotion. And she had done well enough in her little attempt at the painting lesson that she had managed to be noticed. Pride blossomed in her chest, and she realized she hadn’t said anything in return. “Thank you, my King. I hope I won’t disappoint you.” She dipped her head again, a custom of where she was from. When given great opportunity, you made it a point to tell them that you didn’t want to disappoint the ones that gave you your privileges. But he smiled, that charming warm smile and Glasgow could only return it brightly - the strange feeling of her smile pushing up her scarred smile was getting more and more bearable. Yet, he looked upon Anzanie and herself until he spoke again. Pride welled up in Glasgow’s chest that she, too, could be called upon in times of need. Once again having a job to fulfill and a duty to uphold.

Her King spoke to Anzanie first, and Glasgow listened with patience and curiosity. What did this mean? She felt the slight change in the winds and the mists, as if it called to her as its own. But then, Tembovu’s gaze returned to the scarred mare and she watched with ears perked to listen, posture strong and held - showing utmost respect. He spoke of ”small discreet blades” and ”jars”. Well, that sounded easy enough. So Glasgow nodded with a smile. “I’ll do my best.” She admitted, knowing it would take some getting used to. She didn’t have magic back home, but her sister did. And she wondered if the power that came with wielding such strength would ruin her as well. But what good was it if you didn’t try?

Then, he spoke again of the elephant calf and her creation at Glasgow’s own painting event. Eager to please her King, she nodded. “I will, my King. I’m pleased she enjoyed it that much.” Her voice was rushed now, her respectful and dutiful charade dispersing in her absolute excitement. So she turned her attention to the dozing companion of her King, focusing on the little piece of glass in her trunk. Glassy orbs focused on the glass as her veins suddenly grew cold. It frightened her a little, if she had to be honest. But she focused through it - pushing past the overwhelming chill that enveloped her body. Before she knew it, it was like an icy liquid had grown from the mists, almost like a small dust devil made of a clear liquid. It slid across the grass as Glasgow directed it - shakily and uncertain, but it made it to the little piece of the glass nonetheless. It made its way around Mbwene’s trunk, slinking into the gaps and crevices and coating it with a durable outer protection, preventing the paint from chipping off and the edges from breaking. As Glasgow worked with it, the power grew within her stronger and she focused on making the edges round - as if it were a little piece of memories encased in a flat glass marble. This way, Glasgow figured, the calf could hold onto it easily and the surface would be smooth.

As she finished, the liquid slipped from coating the calf’s treasure and returned to Glasgow - mystifying itself once again into the fog that surrounded the Edge. She looked to Tembovu with a hopeful smile, pride billowing from her yet again. This time it was mixed with excitement and nervousness. “It’s… A very strange feeling.” She admitted, shying away from the looks of her King and possibly Anzanie. Then, she turned her attention to making the blades that her King had asked of her. This would be more difficult for her, as she had nothing to coat. She had to just make them up, and hope they would be right. So she sucked in another chilly Birdsong breath, and pulled the magic from the mists again. This time, she formulated them upon the ground. The liquid moving as Glasgow directed it, making a small handle with a sharpened edge of the blade. It didn’t look smooth like the coating to Mbwene’s treasure. This was jagged, sharp, possibly deadly. But they were supposed to be blades, weren’t they? So she tried again, and again, until she had managed to make ten different blades. Each one with a slightly different jagged edge. No matter how much she tried to make them smooth, they insisted on being jagged. So she sighed, heaving breaths she didn’t know she had been holding in all her focus. The magic drifted away, slinking back within her and warming her chilled bones as the liquid became the fog once again. Shifting her gaze back to Tembovu, her smile had faded. “I wanted them to be smoother… Will they do?” She questioned, shifting her weight. “I need more practice.” She admitted, softer this time.

"Talk."
thought we had a million—
but, baby, we got nothing.
Glasgow
image | coding

@Tembovu @Anzanie UHM I HOPE THIS WORKS. (first time for everything, right? xD)

Glasgow coated Mbwene's glass tusk in a smooth, rounded finish thats slightly thick to protect it from damage.
She also created 10 small blades made of glass.

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
anzanie
Quote goes here woot woot
and the fun continues what
Her body language totally overshadowed the smile she gave to Tembovu and Glasgow. It was awful, the sadness she felt whilst she was meant to be here doing a duty. But Tembovu's sweet azure pools swept over her with warmth and she screamed inside. Having greeted Glasgow, who stood not too far from her, Anzanie was then greeted and she was asked whether she was okayy. To this, Anzanie hesitated, her pools scanning the terraria before she looked back at the giant brute and tried to smile when she spoke once more,
"I am, thank you Tembovu..." I'm not okayy, I need you was what she wanted to say but instead just continued to pace a little further past and made space for herself. And then her beloved King gave the orders, before turning first the scarred dirtied ivory fae to boost her confidence. To Anzanie, Glasgow seemed quite unfamiliar to this but she said nothing. She just didn't want to say anything. Life felt like it was swallowing her up and she was going through a mini crisis, a mother without a daughter, a lover without the reciprocation and a one-sided desirer. But she kept her lobes tilted towards the giant brute with his sweet little elephant calf and attempted to focus on the crafting to keep her mind busy.

And there she was set the task: spears, caltrops and shields. This was something that she could do without feeling like a total failure. The beautiful splashed princess simply nodded her confirmation for the task and waited for Tembovu to give Glasgow her orders. Two crafting queens of the Edge, stood there being given the orders for the defence of their soldiers. It was like a story from the nursery...

And then Tembovu asked for a favour for Mbwene's glass tusks. Glasgow soon got to it, seemingly not too happy with the result that she had created but the relief sighed out of Anzanie as she did not feel like she was capable of doing much of a better job. She respected the courage of the new Glazier, for she was here being asked what she assumed was a lot from Tembovu (she would have known had she been in the right frame of mind) and smiled at her with as much warmth as she could muster. Anzanie yearned to be friends with her fellow ranked lady, but today was not the day she felt like building bridges.

Instead Anzanie continued to move further away from them all, ready to craft her weapons and defensive items. Tembovu had asked for several different things and Anzanie decided to first go with the personal items for the Edge's soldiers. The fae was unaware of the amount of soldiers they had in their ranks but was determined to get the number right first time. And thus, with the image of how the fortified glass items would look in her saddened brain, she set about closing her eyes and looking down on the floor, a place where she had chosen for the glass shards that had been blessed by the Moon Goddess. Anzanie hadn't even realised in her own little bubble that she was standing in a minefield of glass, a Glazier's heaven. With the image still there and her pools shut tight, Anzanie could feel the magic welling up inside her and hitting her chest as it did so, a huge buzz eminating from her and then inside her tinted lids felt the brightness of the magic transferring into the glass. As she came to open her eyes, there below her feet stood, by a miracle, were five of each. The glass glinted in the warming sunlight as it peeked through the tops of the trees. It cast a shine on them, all of them having a slight blue tint to them with frosted glass on top for extra strength and camoflauge. She blinked at Tembovu, silently asking if they were acceptable.

But before waiting for his approval, Anzanie decided to go further and complete her caltrops at the same time. The magic that had coursed through her bodice the first time was welling up a second time, much more intensely. It was something that she was so intent on doing successfully that she pushed her sadness to one side for a moment, and repeated the process. In her mind the caltrops were heavily spiked, one little prick would cause bleeding and flesh wounds, and this was something that Anzanie tried to keep in her brain. With the bright light forming once more behind her pools, the splashed dame opened again to see her good work. The caltrops were there, fashioned in much the same way as the spears and shields. With a might she then spoke to Tembovu, casting a glance at Glasgow's uncertain cranium, "Does this suffice, my King?"

" . "

image | coding

@Tembovu @Glasgow [I hope this is okayy xD]

Anzanie crafted x5 spears and x5 shields, frosted with a blue tinted glass for strength
Anzanie also crafted x10 caltrops with extra sharpness and frosted blue tint and
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

“I do not think you could disappoint me, Glasglow,” his rumble was quiet but sincere in response to her dipped head and excited, if humble, acceptance of her promotion. Though his attention was quickly taken by Anzanie’s sad smile and soft reply to his inquires after her well-being. But, despite the sorrow that glimmered in her eyes, her quiet voice answered that she was alright. So the Elephant, though still concerned, pressed his lips together slightly and sat back to watch the two Glaziers work with the glittering, clear material.

First, Glasgow quietly and gently coated the tusk with a tempered, clear coat of gleaming glass to fortify the chipping surface. The snoozing calf’s trunk slipped away from the cold mists, releasing her creation so that Glasgow could fully cover its surface. Tembovu smiled, “Thank you,” but he murmur wasn’t loud enough to interrupt the concentration of the crafters. He watched both, eyes sweeping down to the careful and painstaking administrations the grey woman spent on the wickedly jagged edges of the glass blades. He dipped his head slightly in approval—though small, those serrated glass knives would deal a wealth of damage to tender flesh. “Their purpose is to rip flesh,” he answered her question, “They are as jagged as they need to be.” He paused, studying the slender and pale woman before, “You will do well as Glazier,” he smiled lopsidedly.

He then turned to Anzanie, the delicately splashed woman, watching the skilled, veteran Glazier command glass to shape to her will. A small yearning struck his chest, at seeing both women work the glass—he had done this once. He had condensed the mist and reshaped these shards… But that magic had been to dark and cold for his shadowed past to undertake for too long. So he dashed the yearning, instead studying the sharpened spears and fortified shields Anzanie so easily crafted. And the caltrops— he did not envy whatever enemy stepped on those nasty points.

“They are perfect, my dear Anzanie,” his voice was warm, though concern still laced through it, “If you need me, I am always here for you, my friend.” And, with a gentle nod and lingering glance at his saddened Glazier, he turned to disappear in to the mists.

@Anzanie @Glasgow thank you guys <333 I figured we could end it here!

Please tag Tembovu.