the Rift

[PRIVATE] This is my Confession

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
He stood, still and rigid, as he saw his words stroke anger to life in the Icebound Queen. She was even crowned in ice now, as the enraged Edgar dripped icicles on her brow. He wavered only once in the face her menacing approach, his head rising up to his great height and away from her sheer fury. But he other held firm, hooves rooted firmly beneath the promised, oncoming tirade that he deserved. This was just retribution for his actions, and this was finally some sort of honest, cathartic emotion from his Queen— ”Do not call me your queen, I was never your queen.” Her furious, hissed words made him flinch, eyes wrinkling as they stung deep beneath his thick hide to the depths of his chest.

”You lied.” His eyes instantly hardened. He was many things, but the Elephant King retained his integrity and justice as a core pillar in his chest. ”Do you tell someone you love there is no one else and then turn your back on them?” Her accusations, the assault promised by her furious advance and provoked by his own anger at her previous, diplomatic iciness continued to spew from delicate pink-stained lips. And his navy eyes glance at them, watch the creases and wrinkled that contorted with her pain and righteous anger. No longer was she shrouded in ice; no longer was he facing a pleasant mask.

’I never said I loved you. I never made that promise,’ but those words, those devastatingly cruel words did not leave his lips. They did not fly in the face of her pained fury— hadn’t he already caused enough wreckage here? Were not Edgar’s screeches and Elsa’s trembles proof enough? But this woman, his Queen despite her accusations that she was not, deserved some semblance of truth. Or some semblance of explanation, if they were to rule alongside each other. So, for better or for worse, the Elephant’s guilt softened his harsh truth to a simple, quiet apology, “I am sorry I mislead your love, Elsa.”

Though, even tempered, his words sounded callous and brutal to his ears, which tilted back as his head fell slightly, gaze skimming away from hers to watch the tight pinning of wings to her svelte, icy sides. ”I trusted you.” Again, her words sent ripples across his thick, buckskin hide as he flinched at her verbal (but blameless) assault. His askant gaze traveled from her clenched wings, down her snowflake-decorated shoulder as she threw venomous words about their son at him.

His lips pressed together, listening and feeling the slices each of her syllables left in his chest. His gaze continued to drift, up her shoulder and to her withers (he had placed an affectionate bite there, once). “Do yourself a for. Forget me.” From her withers up her neck (there, too, he had nipped tenderly), and to her jaw (he had pressed affectional nuzzles, there). “If you want to ruin me… your mission has been accomplished.” And finally to her face, the trembling lips and broken, defeated gaze.

“The herd cannot fault a Queen who loves,” of all the things to address, it was this his deep voice started with, “and do not call yourself such deprecating words as ’side bitch’,” his low rumble sounded strange and distasteful around the word, “It is as demeaning as it is untrue.” A soft, sad, hurt sigh pushed out his nostrils as he continued, “That you accuse me of being a ‘father who can’t stay’—” he paused for a brief moment when his voice cracked once as he repeated her recrimination. “Knowing what you know of my past, saying that is as unfair to me as what I am doing to you.” His gaze, having lost their softness from sliding over her body, were equal parts pained and hardened.

“You may not believe me or may not want to hear it, but I truly am sorry, Elsa,” he began to back away from the Icebound, “I’ll leave you, now.” The many layers of his statement were emphasized as his large frame started to disappear in the the thickly misted trees.

But it was contradicted as Mbwene, embodying the overpowering waves of sadness and pain from her bonded, shuffled towards Elsa, trunk sadly upraised as a small, pained squeaked escaped from her. She reached out, bright eyes glancing towards the enraged Edgar before turning to Elsa, and wanted to stroke or somehow alleviate her sadness and hurt.
Fire & Ice

@Elsa I'm sorry I drug this out forever. It just kept breaking my heart We can continue it or end it here, whatever you'd like, lovely <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 05-24-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: This is my Confession - by Elsa - 05-24-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 06-01-2016, 01:47 AM
RE: This is my Confession - by Elsa - 06-01-2016, 05:58 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 06-12-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Elsa - 06-15-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: This is my Confession - by Tembovu - 07-02-2016, 09:23 AM