the Rift

[PRIVATE] I don't want to set the world on fire

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Her laugh was musical and the Bloodskald felt it skitter across his heart, only increasing the joy he felt in this moment. Ophelia returned his love, claiming she never thought she could love him and that she didn't deserve this perfection they had built together. With a marginally irked grunt, his irritation caged by the absolute excitement and happiness that was still overwhelming his system, he pulled back and shot her a look. "I believed you could love me. Even if I thought it might be a while, and would move slowly. And don't you dare say you don't deserve this - you're a good woman. You deserve all of this that I can give you, and more," he stated firmly, nosing her muzzle as if he could shove his words into her somehow, and make her understand and accept them.

But, as all good things must end, it was more words that broke the placid, serene sense of contentment Torleik had settled into while nestling himself against his woman's body once more.

Dragon's Throat.

Protection.

In spite of himself, the Bloodskald felt the wound to his fragile pride and stiffened like a stone, jaw clenching. Did she not think he could protect her? Did she think that her armor being stolen, an object that was much more easily absconded with than a living being, showed he could not keep what was valuable to the both of them safe? And she wanted to go to the Dragon's Throat? A swelteringly hot island filled with flying bastards? Ophelia certainly knew how to push all of his buttons at once, it seemed, and he stepped away to pace and consider her request. But what made him angry about it was that she asked if he would do this for her.

Torleik could not possibly say no to that, for if he did reject this beseeching, then he would be telling her unequivocally that he would not do this for her - that there were things he would not do for her. Now was not the time to put such a doubt in her mind; now was the worst possible time to put such thoughts anywhere near her. Still, it did no mean he couldn't show he was frustrated.  "I hate the sand, I hate the heat, and I hate more of those flying ones than I like," the Bloodskald grunted. "And I hate that you seem to think I can't protect our family." He clenched his jaw again. "But you are right, a herd is inherently safer. And if that is where you would feel safest...then...that is where I want you to be," he finally acquiesced.

He did love her enough to do this for her. He would just grumble about it the whole time. If she loved him like she claimed, then she would love him enough to put up with it. He hoped.

"talk talk talk"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't want to set the world on fire - by Torleik - 05-23-2016, 06:21 PM