the Rift

[PRIVATE] fire in my soul

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Already Rexanna found herself drifting toward the mare. Somehow, it was so easy for her to talk to, to put aside her better judgement and simply just exist. Still, the Thief listened to the spotted woman speak, silently nodding along with what she had to say. Listening as she spoke of crying when she found out. And with that, Rexanna remembered her first pregnancy - how proud and joyous she had been when she found out she was carrying Cal’s child. She was ecstatic that she could bring the prince a child, hoping that perhaps it would be the solace that Cal needed to cure his insanity. Even still, it wasn’t enough.

And then the spotted mare spoke of her own lost pregnancy. The Thief looked away from her, letting her gaze drift out across the water with a minute nod. Her lips forming their way into a tight line as a sigh slipped past her nose. “I’m sorry to have asked.” Rexanna admitted, craning her head to look upon the spotted mare with a shake of her head. “No, this isn’t my first. I couldn’t carry my first one to term either.” She tried to offer the mare a sympathetic smile - to tell her she understood the horrors that went with birthing a child that wouldn’t be able to take their first breath. “This one is my third since then. I have a child here in Helovia, he lives in the Basin.” Her voice was gentle but carried a line of confidence beneath it. “It’s terrible to have that experience, but there’s always hope for the next one.” She moved closer to the mare, extending her muzzle out in the hopes of a gentle touch on her spotted shoulder in consolation. “Though I seem to be doing the complete opposite of my first pregnancy. Both of mine since then have been, uh, surprises to say the least.

Remy sat atop her withers, watching the mare with a curious gleam in his eye. Rexanna’s calmness to the woman with her beginning change in emotions was a relief for the tiny polecat. He could only carry so much of the weight that came with Rexanna’s moods, of course mostly because of his size but also because of his age. He tried to offer the spotted mare a smile as well, hoping that perhaps the words would be nice to hear - but unsure how a stranger could take them. Perhaps it was a motherly thing that he didn’t understand, bonding over children and the like. It was a strange concept for him that he was sure he wouldn’t be able to figure out for the rest of his life. Puffing out a small snort, he shook his head in his displeasure of his thoughts.

"Talk."
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Adaeze
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-20-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-21-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-22-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-22-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-22-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-25-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-26-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 06-01-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 06-02-2016, 12:05 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 06-02-2016, 12:41 AM