the Rift

[PRIVATE] fire in my soul

Adaeze Posts: 32
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6
ali
   Adaeze</style>
  </style>

Her full attention was on Rexanna as she answered her questions. Naturally, Ada had assumed that the other mare would have been terrified at finding out she was pregnant again after losing her first child, but then she could have been wrong. The pale mare could have been a exceptionally brave and not fearful at all. She nodded her head, understanding the sudden desire to be careful and cautious, but sometimes being careful and caution just wasn't enough. When Rex admitted to having an idea about what had caused her to lose her first child Ada had to bite her tongue to keep from asking what. She knew how personal it was and how sharing that kind of information ripped the scabs off of old wounds. She also knew how talking about it from time to time helped one to heal, at least that was what Papa Echo had told her from time to time.

"I know what caused mine." She murmured as she turned her head toward the ocean. "The land I came from was horribly corrupt and was eventually ravaged by war. There were so many deaths it would take me a month just to list them all.  My tribe trained soldiers for the military. It became my job after my father was murdered." She explained. "The deaths of civilians, of our generals' families was pinned on me and everyone was screaming for my head. I was hunted and I was beaten ... and my child became another victim of war." She frowned as she thought about it. She could still hear Mawindo's infuriated screams and the thud of his hooves against her as he attacked. And she could still hear the pity in Tembovu's voice and see the look on his face when he finally stepped in and saved her. Ada snorted and shook her head, clearing the image from her mind.

"Those names are beautiful."

Ada had thought so, herself, when she and Jeshi had finally picked them out for their child. Her head turned and she looked back at the other mare as she began to ask a question. Her eyes widened a fraction and she was a little taken aback by Rexanna's request at borrowing the names for her own child. It would have been easy for her to say no, there was a small part of her that wanted to be selfish and greedy and keep the names to herself. But there was a larger part that wanted there to be a little Kiada or a little Kianzo running around Helovia. "Only if I can be the Godmother." she teased with a wink.

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-20-2016, 12:27 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-21-2016, 11:49 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-22-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-22-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-22-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 05-25-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 05-26-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Adaeze - 06-01-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: fire in my soul - by Rexanna - 06-02-2016, 12:05 AM