the Rift

[OPEN] You Are Just Confused [Vermillion]

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
The arrival of Birdsong had heralded a change in fortune for the sunset mare. It had been a mere few weeks since she had been offered a position in the Hidden Falls herd and accepted, despite whatever misgivings she might have had about the method of her recruitment. Though terrified at first, Archibald had managed to calm her fears and convince her to follow him home. Persephone hadn't realized just how lonely she had been during her time in the Halcyon Flats; within a herd, she was beginning to flourish. She had filled in the flesh around her barrel that had been showing ribs (if only just) before, had taken her first real bath in seasons to clean herself of the sand and grime that had ingrained itself in her mane and tail. As she left the safety of the Falls on this particular Birdsong day, the sunset mare was almost glowing, so lustrous was her colorful pelt, so finely-spun was her untangled mane and tail. For the first time in many moons, Persephone felt good about herself.

She had heard tales of the beautiful plateau of flowers from her new herd mates, many of whom had been surprised to discover that she had not explored Helovia further during her time within its borders. The Heavenly Fields, they assured her, were a safe place to visit, close enough to the herd's lands that Persephone would be well-protected should she find herself in need. And so, with her courage boosted by the warmth of a welcoming family, the sunset mare set out one morning to explore the land, curious to see what Helovia had to offer.

The morning was bright and airy, the type of spring morning that makes the birds sing even more beautifully than normal. Finding the entrance of the Hidden Falls had been fairly easy, and once she emerged from their shadows, Persephone turned to the north and began the trek to the Fields. Spring had always been her favorite time of year: it was so full of new beginnings and life. She passed by a robin's nest, its protector baring her red chest as she chittered at the mare that passed below; soon after, the mare came upon a fox hole, where she could just make out a litter of pups (or were they called kits? She could never remember) peering into the sunlight. With a smile, the mare moved on.

When Persephone reached the bottom of the path, she paused to survey her surroundings. Before her lay a narrow, rocky path to the summit of the plateau; that was how she would go forward. Behind her was a forest filled with life and new birth, a gentle breeze drifting through the greenery above. A little brook bubbled with glee somewhere to her left, though she couldn't quite make out where it was through the bushes. The mare lingered, entranced by the beauty and innocence of her surroundings, no longer pulled by the desire to ascend the cliff's face.

"Persephone speaks."

@Vermillion

Persephone
Image by Xyroca
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

Vermillion

Birdsong. What was it that had made this season so familiar to him , yet only a distant memory at the same time? It's warm temperate touch on his coat would bring ease to him. An outcast from somewhere he was no stranger to. The heavenly fields, a place of sanctuary for many - including that of himself. Swallows seemed to be in harmony with each other, gracefully dancing through the clear skies above. Soften emerald eyes would shift to watch the horizons, leaving himself to be one within this place. To fully emerge his soul into it's innocent touch.

The grime of his hidden presence would cling tightly to his body. A slight annoyance but he wouldn't allow for it to get to him, it was something that was a sign of his time within this place. And he would need to accept it, since it appeared it wouldn't be disappearing any time soon. A rocky path would be off to his side, a contemplating look as to whether he would take the steps to climb it's route. But he would leave it be for now, deciding it would be best for him to explore more before taking the rise. Taking a deep breath, a gust of wind tinged with the smell of sweetness would find it's way through slightly tangled mane, engulfing him and pulling him along further. A lust for adventure , driven by the curiosity that thrived in his blood, the pretty boy would continue on. Widen eyes would look at every sight , trying to note every detail he saw. A trait that was partial to blame for him wanting to never let anyone or thing feel forgotten.

A few moments would pass as body would wind down the beaten down trail of this safe heaven. It's serenity and quietness not having risen a question till now in the boys head. I'm alone.. that's why all I can hear is silence. Have I been forgotten like that of my brother? Quick breathes would come upon him. Why had he worked himself up, it hadn't bothered him before. Why now of all times? Ears would twist at the sound of greenery moved. Body tensing in the slightest as he pulled himself together. A vibrant stranger would appear, and continue down the way he had come before it seems. So he would follow along, silently and further in the shadows of her presence. Waiting to see if he really was the ghost he had feared he had become.

hush hush

@Persephone

& if you were going to crucify me,
I wouldn't want 'nobody to see.

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Persephone Posts: 45
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
Alecto :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams ChaoticMelodies
this old world has brought me pain
               but there's hope for me again
She had not noticed him at first, but as she rested briefly at the bottom of the path, Persephone became aware of the strangest sensation of being watched.  She had not been aware of anyone following her, nor of any newcomers since she had been standing alone, but she would swear to the gods that she felt eyes on her.  The birds trilled softly overhead, the brook bubbled gently to the left, and the wind whistled sympathetically through the branches surrounding her.  These sounds, so calming to her moments before, now set the sunset mare's teeth on edge.  Persephone's ears tilted back slightly, her eyes widening with the beginnings of anxiety and fear; her head swiveled to the left, away from the cliff face, and she noticed for the first time a unicorn stallion behind her.

The sunset mare whirled, her muscles tensing, prepared to flee back to the safety of the Falls, where she would be protected.  This was why the sunset mare had been determined to stay in her herd's land.  Within the borders of the Falls, she and the rest of the herd were surrounded by strong warriors, not to mention the natural protection of the rocky falls.  Out here, in the open, the mare was at risk.

But despite her fears, the sight of the stallion face-to-face gave her pause, for he did not appear overly threatening (not like Archibald).  No, this was a much smaller steed, standing at about Persephone's height, purely colored and adorned with a pretty white horn.  He didn't have the look of a soldier about him, nor had he approached in a threatening manner.  Persephone counted to ten, calming her too-quick breathing and forcing her trembling to fade away.  A small smile appeared shakily on her face.  "H-h-hello," she managed to squeak; the mare cleared her throat.  "I - how - uhm, can I help you?"

"Persephone speaks."

@Vermillion

Persephone
Image by Xyroca
[Image: 5626e4bc4fe1a]
pixel by Kiara <3

Please tag Persephone in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.
Persephone always goes by the alias "Cora."

Want to plot with Persephone? Visit her plot page here!