the Rift

Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

Nonexistent promises lingered on my tongue, bubbling like embers that felt all too hot against my teeth. The world around me shifted and swayed as the wintry breeze began to chill me to the core. Darkness reflected across the stream as the sun began to descend from the sky. The dim orange light was frosted with my breath as I gazed out and over the cliff, bitter and troubled with frustrations that were yet unnamed. Bring me to heaven and I should shine, but in this hell, I shall burn. At my side, an angel merges faithfully into the background, her pain evident on her lips. It was a connection that had brought us together, one that had broken her body and one that had broken my soul. Wistful glances were passed between us and I let the silence remain, comfort for our wounds as the shattered pieces lie lifelessly across the stage. The light from the sun danced along us, cheerily laughing as it pulled back the quilt for a full night’s rest, one I should not experience for a while. I doubted this small creature would find peace behind closed eyes either.

Whatever haunted my troubled mind was unreachable in my subconscious, infecting my otherwise tender nature. I longed for a lightness that would spread over my face and body, engulfing me in a warm surrender to the glimmering happiness of the day. But night was ever pressing upon my heart and darkness filled me with unwavering anxiety. I glanced once more at Adura, as she had finally named herself. She was so hesitant and pure that part of me wanted to tell her to hush, to forgive, to forget, whatever it took to break this malignant hold of her spirits. Sorrow would not bring her a new hunger for life, however, a likeness to her had caused me to bite my bitter tongue. I wanted to tell her to wake up, breath in the cold air of tomorrow and live for the days ahead and not for the ones already gone.

Dipping my head once again to the stark grasses, I chewed numbly beside my new companion, eager to find solace in the possibility of a routine such as this. Such an ordinary existence would no doubt bring me the stability I have so longed for, but I knew that I should find insanity stirring in the crevices of such a dull way of being. But if it were to mend these scattered thoughts, maybe I could forget them altogether.

As I began to lose myself in thoughts of wanting, of pain, of desires, of anything other than my present company, I was suddenly freed from the colorful surreal and brought back to a shaded reality. “Surely this was no fault of your own. After all, the Gods have a plan for every creature on this great planet. Do not blame yourself for something that you have no apparent control over…” There was a truth to my words that I had found not only applied to Adura, but to myself as well. If only I had the strength to believe myself as I thought she should.

[W/C: 529]

Messages In This Thread
Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-18-2012, 03:23 AM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-19-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-24-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-27-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 11-02-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 11-05-2012, 12:42 AM