the Rift

Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor]

Adura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adura
Sweet sleep, my dark angel

The sun slowly sank behind the horizon, and Adura watched it with a mixture of longing and fear. She wanted to rear, call out, plead with the solar fire to stay. Please don’t leave me in the dark. It was a childish wish, but in many ways the mare was a child, despite her age. Before, she had never felt the cruel bitterness of loss, the sharp pangs of hunger, the freezing touch of winter. Her life had been peaceful, and she had been content to roam her forest and protect its animals from harm. Everything had changed when she had stumbled upon a deep stone complex and allowed her curiosity to lure her through the earthen caverns to the imprisoned fallen. She knew now that she should never have freed him, but at the time it had seemed the only thing to do. Why he was chained to rock in a forgotten cave had been of no concern to her, had not even crossed her mind. She had seen a creature in pain, and so had done her best to cure it.

Thor possessed a similar ailment, though perhaps she only imagined it. Still, he too longed for the sun to return, and she thought she could see the same quiet desperation in his eyes that had haunted Azazel. That trapped, hopeless expression pulled her to his side as he grazed, gently resting her delicate crown upon his back in silent sympathy, muzzle softly skimming over his too-small wings. Have my light, Lord, as dim as it may be. Take it and allow it to shine upon this forlorn pegasus, for he deserves it far more than I. The night pressed in around her, constricting her lungs, yet the selfless dove wished only to offer comfort to Thor, even if it meant losing herself in the blackness that wrapped around her in a chilling blanket.

Nothing happened. None of her prayers had been answered, not since her banishment. I am not worthy, for rage clouded my eyes and I attacked His divine warriors in order to save the damned. Her magic, too, had been stripped, the healing and purifying abilities that marked her as one of Heaven’s favored creatures taken from her the moment her golden horn touched a soldier of light. But she still had herself, and so she remained next to the stallion and hoped her mere presence might soothe him. It was the only thing she had left, but if Thor found even the slightest shard of peace in it then she would keep close to him, allowing him to take from her as needed, for self sacrifice was in her nature if it could help keep another from falling.

His voice flowed after an infinity of silence that had truly lasted only a few moments. Granting her forgiveness if only she would believe. Meant to ease her mind and take the heavy load of blame off her shoulders, to cast the guilt away into the ocean of acceptance. But acceptance lead to forgetting, the snow shaded fae refused to forget her sins. For if she did not remember what she had done wrong, how was she to keep from doing it again? Fallen she may be –just like Azazel, her mind whispered – but she was a remorseful atoner, ready to throw herself at her Lord’s mercy if only he would have her. A word stuck out in the speech however, a word that sliced it’s way into her awareness like one of the flaming swords the righteous ones carried. Gods. A blasphemous word, used only by heathens. Yet, perhaps it was true that more than one god resided in this land she knew nothing of. Traces of panic laced themselves through her veins, for how was she to survive in a world of pagans? Nothing was familiar here, and she was defenseless against the deities that ruled the edge of the world. She knew not how to honor them, even who they were, or if they would look kindly upon a broken unicorn so far away from her own distant realm where only one God looked after His kingdom. Fine tremors racked her skeletal bodice as she stepped away from Thor, not wishing to accidentally bring any divine wrath down on him.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-18-2012, 03:23 AM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-18-2012, 08:59 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-19-2012, 12:55 AM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Thor - 10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: Broken Elegence [Joining/Thor] - by Adura - 10-24-2012, 01:05 AM