the Rift

[OPEN] in the undertow

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Our greeting is pleasant, her coy expression cast sidelong and her words warm and soft. Her lips kiss along the tips and base of my ears, making them flush with heat, and flick a few times; inside, part of me yearns to grab her, press my nose into the dark strands of her hair, grasp roughly every inch of her in covetous need… Instead I let the ridges of my horn press and touch for me, a brush against her neck as she bestows her gentle touches, the warmth of her breath flooding my ears.

Kind, she called me. The bond between Duir’s soul and mine snorts with sarcastic laughter, the buck still positioned awkwardly behind me, almost rolls his eyes at the thought. Still, some of his nervous energy is settling down, and he takes more time to watch us than he does looking for a place to escape if necessary. His uncomfortable hum keeps me from nipping at her cheeks as she pulls away from me, from finding a way to be just a little bit closer to her than I was now.

As we part, she comes to life; unlike the wisp thin creature I’d salvaged from the red wood, this is the queen I’d imagined as we’d walked the long road north. Even when she’d rested in the threshold of Death’s kingdom, she’d been warm, and full of life; it doesn’t surprise me, then, that the notion of adventure excites her.

I smile, a real one, the rarest in all the world.

"Good," is said through a tilted grin, boyish, the light reaching all the way to golden eyes that dance and glimmer.

She takes note of Duir as she continues, her pretty face tilting downwards to peer about my flank at the partially hidden buck. Green and gold eyes widening in surprise to have been at last noticed by what seemed to be a preoccupied lass, he finds he does not know how to react. Most of the unicorns, pegasi, or hybrids we have come across have companions, whom the young fawn finds far easier to associate with than Ming Yue; he has nothing in common with her, and she’s much bigger than he is. With weaponry on her head, and what appear to be dangerous hooves, the fawn is both afraid and amazed at the same time that she looks at him in particular.

So, he does what deer do. He stares, like a statue with slow blinking eyelids. Blankly, his sunlit forest eyes stare back at hers for as long as she wants to look at him, the only parts of him moving those which expand with breath, or are tousled by wind. It seems she’s already noticed his nervous nature (and I’m thankful not to have to explain), continuing with a brilliant smile, casting her perfume through the air with a shake of her delicate crown.

"Such beautiful company! Hopefully the Moon won’t be jealous," I laugh, glancing playfully back at Ming Yue; surely the Moon won’t, but it can’t hurt my cause to compare the ebony and azurite damsel to a Goddess. Lion’s tail flicking behind me once in excitement, and lips curved into an excited grin, I turn about towards the Veins, nudging my buck on the hind in passing, "Come on, Duir."

No sooner are we both on the road than I’m asking her how her time in the Basin has been, whose in charge of what, and if she’s found a particular herd task she’s better at than others. I even tell her some of what I’ve been doing, like fighting Volterra, or Gaucho; I tell her a bit about meeting Duir, too, and he quits trying to hide as much.

Then the landscape evens, warms into an intolerable swelter; the sea around us begins to ripple with static blue and ebony, the path slick and foreign under hoof.

The Veins.

[ OOC: You’re okay! Everyone needs a break from time to time lol. I figure one or two more Ming replies here to wrap up everything, and I’ll start the Veins thread from there. :D:D ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
in the undertow - by Rikyn - 05-23-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 06-05-2016, 02:47 PM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 06-18-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 06-23-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Ming Yue - 07-12-2016, 04:15 AM
RE: in the undertow - by Rikyn - 07-15-2016, 11:09 AM