the Rift

[PRIVATE] Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable

I wasn't kept waiting long. Soon my eyes caught sight of the dark mass that was my father. I am quickly standing again, my excitement growing causing more steam to billow off of my body. Ears prick forward and my legs dance back and forth. I can feel the excitement deep in my gut. But also fear. What if he doesn't like me? What if papa is boring? What if he doesn't want me either?

The last thought is almost crippling and my wings and head lower to droop, my ears slowly lowering to the side of my head. It could be plausible. But why would he be here if he didn't want me? But I had shaken myself, caused doubt in my young heart. With a nervous stomach I waited. He circled above me, and the shuffle in my stomach grew worse, but it lifted as soon as I heard his soft baritones calling my name. My head raised again and my ears perked a bit. I remained where I stood however, waiting for him to land.

I wish I could fly like that...

The thought is fleeting and I look at my wings slowly flapping them. I could create strong winds, but I did not yet know how to fly. Returning my gaze to papa I find him grounded, and with wings open. A grin splits my face and I rush towards him for an embrace. My head struggles to reach his withers, but I manage it and my wings wraps what I can (mostly shoulder) tightly. He is fire, mother is ice, I am the in between. I watch in wonder as his under-wing dances in ember, yet give no heat other than the heat his body produces, and slowly my spots release the hot steam. He wanted me. He was here, and he wanted me. "Hello Papa." The words come out softly, as I was trying to contain my excitement. They where laced with joy however, and a small smile lifted my lips, and I snuggled even closer.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes:
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]

@Rhoa