the Rift

[PRIVATE] Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

My wings wrap tightly around the small body before me, and I am suprised at how natural it feels. I would have thought I would have felt some hesitation, but I didn't. I had helped create him after all, but now, feeling him pressed against me beneath the halo of my wings, I knew he was my son.

"My rizh." I mumbled into the softness of his colt-fluff mane. Then quickly, because I realize he won't know what I said, "my son."

I pull back slightly so that I can get a better look at him. My sea-green gaze roams over his body, taking in the parts that come from me and the parts that come from his mother. His mother... My ears flicker and I force the thought from my mind. 

"Here - I brought you something." I turn my head, reaching in behind my wing where I had tucked the small charm. I clenched it gently between my teeth, bringing the bronzey branch out and holding it towards Kvasir. "The God of the Earth gave me this, a long, long time ago." I mumbled with a small smile, recalling the memory. "Every morning a small flower will bloom. And when you look upon it, no matter how far away I am or how long its been since we've seen each other, you can look at the bloom, and know that I love you."

Almost tentatively I held the charm out to my son. My son. My Father had never given me anything, but I knew it would have meant the world to me if he did. Then again, at least we had been in the same herd ... Would Kvasir even want a way to remember me? Would he want a daily reminder of an absent father who lived half a world away from him, in a land unrecognizable compared to the Edge?

"How do you like living in the Edge?" I ask curiously, part of me wanting him to say that he didn't so that I could suggest him coming to the Throat (Am I ready for that? Would I be a good Father to him? Do I want to try?)

Messages In This Thread
Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 05-24-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 06-02-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 06-02-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 06-02-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 07-07-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM