the Rift

[PRIVATE] Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
"My rizh." The warm sound of papa's voice echoes into my ears. "My son." I was his son. That's what rizh meant. Big wings wrapped around me, warm. Comforting. I was protected by this behemoth, by my father.

And he pulls away. Eyes of the same shade look at me, and my ears shift uncomfortably. Did he find fault in my design? I was half of him, but there could be something wrong. I glanced up, and for a moment his ears shift. But then he is speaking again. A gift? He brought me something... I watched curiously as he pulled a charm from his wing, and listened intently as he told me about it. He held it out to me, and for a moment I almost cry. Almost.

I take a deep breath, knowing I had to be manly. Papa was watching. And I reach and take the charm from him. It was really touching. "Thank you papa." I mumble softly. He loved me, and gave me something so I would always know he did. Momma didn't do that. I lift my wing, and spend a few moments placing it safely inside. My heart swelled as I did so. The gift meant a lot to me, and more than I was letting on. Just as I am finishing papa speaks to me, asking if I liked living in the Edge. I turned back to him, tilting my head. "Its nice. You have to be really careful though, because of the mists and the cliffs. It gets cold too. What is the Throat like? Is it really all sand? Can I come with you to see? Is it far away?" As I answered and asked excitement grew, before a sheepish grin fell on my features and I went silent. A slight shrug lifted my wings upwards and downwards as I looked up at my father through eyes he had given me.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes: You almost made me cry with that. <3 @Rhoa
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Messages In This Thread