the Rift

[PRIVATE] Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

I feel breathless hope and a great deal of apprehension give way to a torrential feeling of relief as Kvasir - my son - takes the gift offered. He seems to genuinely like the charm and I can feel my body begin to sag with happiness. I don't know why I'm holding onto this feeling that my son will reject me as a parent ... perhaps it is because the thoughts of rejection lurked so near the surface when I was his age. But he doesn't. He accepts me and the things I bring him.

"You are very welcome Kvasir." I say, my voice revealing some of the pride and happiness that I felt.

As he speaks I listen intently. My ears flicker back slightly as he mentions needing to be careful due to the mists. I had never considered that his safety might be in jeopardy here. Was the danger really so wide? Did he even know how to fly, should he fall off? I swallowed hard. Clearly his mother would not be able to teach him that skill. It would be up to me.

"No, no. The Throat is not all sand." I say with a warm smile, thinking fondly of my home. " There are large rocky canyons and other beautiful formations. There is also an inland lake - the Oasis, for drinking water and cooling off. It is very warm, but you get used to it." As he mentions visiting (seemingly no interest in moving), I bite the inside of my lip and force a smile. "Of course you can. The journey takes a few days, but we could do it together anytime you like. It is even faster when you fly. Have you learned to fly yet?"

I look down at him, the memory of practicing flying with Ivezho bright and tangible in my mind. 

Messages In This Thread
Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 05-24-2016, 09:07 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 06-02-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 06-02-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 06-02-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Kvasir - 07-07-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Therefore I'm Mr. Misty Eyed - by Rhoa - 07-14-2016, 06:14 PM