the Rift

We're All Together (Psyche)

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

A daughter? The thoughts flew in his mind, and forgot everything that came before those words. Who is the father? The first and most important thought that went was this one. He wouldn’t ask of course, but he didn’t want her to think he had a problem with it. There was nothing wrong with her having a child. It was before him, and he couldn’t control that. But still, the words pricked him like thorns over his hide. He felt a jealous rage deep inside himself. It shocked him, that he was jealous. He realized then what had happened. Upon this meeting, he had suddenly fallen in love, and everything that went along with it. He didn’t know what to think of himself. Should he be shamed? He never thought this would happen, and why? Because he was a loner. He wasn’t used to other horses, and they weren’t used to him. He’d meet a couple of mares in passing, but had barely talked to them out of respect because they had a stallion with them. One time he stumbled upon a group of them, and he had to talk to the leader, which was their mother. Otherwise he knew nothing, absolutely nothing about talking to the opposite sex. And lo and behold, here he was, not only talking, but flirting with one! He sat there for a second, his face blank for his mind going crazy with the shock it felt inside of him. Suddenly, it stopped. Altogether it was gone. Time seemed to stand still as he looked at Psyche. He didn’t just glance at her, he looked, stared. He felt something stir. He might have been in the air. It might have been in the earth. But he knew one thing: it was definitely in his heart. He spoke finally, his words soft, drifting through the air and swirling through the snow.
“A daughter. How lovely she must be, if she looks like her mother.” He smiled then, stilling feeling the stirring of his heart. His expression hardened suddenly, and his tone along with it. “I’m sure I can learn to fight, and I will train myself to be a great warrior, so that we can defeat those damned Qian.” Softening once again, he said absentmindedly, “You know, there is something different about you. It’s not bad either.”
(Ya know, I think this is one of the cutest moments I've ever written for Valentine yet :D )

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

As hard as she tried to keep thoughts of the FrostHeart from invading, they simply would not stay out of her mind. And Valentine didn't help. Her gaze roved over the nearby herd, each light colored pelt catching her eye for a moment before she determined that it was not her daughter or her ex-lover. A silly thing to do, seeing as she hadn't been blessed - a mental laugh - with their presence for several days. Sno she had seen briefly after the invasion, as they watched Mauja's pet killed and reborn. And the king she had followed, to rally around him alongside the rest of the herd. But since then, she hadn't seen hide nor tail of either. Something that she was both thankful for and worried about. So she tried not to dwell on it.

"A daughter." Clearly, she had surprised him. Well, that was predictable, given that she wasn't really the matronly type. "How lovely she must be, if she looks like her mother." Amber gaze swivelled suddenly to meet Valentine's eyes. Emotionless, a small sneer crossed her maw. "She inherited very little from me other than a very stubborn streak." The laugh that followed was hollow. Sno most definitely looked like her father, and perhaps it was better that way. The shadow-mare had always been ridiculed for her plain looks; even outside of her color, her body was just not interesting. She did not have the petite, dished look of an Arabian, nor had she the heavyset muscle of a draft. She was nothing, and she was everything. She hated it.

And yet a small voice piped up from the back of her mind, breaking through the bitterness: he complimented you. She looked away, suddenly uncomfortable, and then back to him again. This time her manner was less abrasive. She would not apologize, the shift in attitude being the closest she would come to such. "I'm sure I can learn to fight, and I will train myself to be a great warrior, so that we can defeat those damned Qian." A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips; his earnest words were amusing in a most pleasing way. She nudged her muzzle against his shoulder gently, a playful tone returning to her. "It takes much hard work and perseverance to become a great warrior," she informed him. "I will train you, but in the meantime, we'd best find something more to your liking."

A pause, and then: "You know, there is something different about you. It's not bad either." It was an absent-minded statement, one that was almost more thought than speech. Had she not been paying attention, she might have missed it or brushed it aside, much as she had various suitors over the years. But she was paying attention, and she did not miss it. She looked at him levelly, her eyes thoughtful, but betraying no emotion. Truth be told, she didn't know how to respond to his words. She was different, and it was bad. Or at least, that's what others thought, that's what she wanted them to believe. Should she be upset that Valentine did not?

[W/C | 527]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

"She inherited very little from me other than a very stubborn streak." The words sparked his interest again, and he couldn't help but get back to thinking. Who is the father? The words echoed in his head a million times. He was unsure if he wanted to know or not, for he wasn’t sure if he would react with jealously or with kindness. I’ll be damned if I’m not bitter and angry. That was his state of mind at the moment, and nothing could change that. He heard the hollow laugh that followed the statement, and guessed she wasn’t happy with the subject either. This made his not want to press, because he didn’t want her to get upset about it. He let is slip from his mind then, and turned it to other things. His eyes suddenly caught movement. She had looked away from him. Why? He felt her orbs back on him before he knew it, and focused his own on hers. She looked almost embarrassed, but he was uncertain of what. Did I do something wrong? Damn it. However, she smiled when he heard him talk about defeating the Qian. In a moment her muzzle was upon him, and he felt the electricity of her touch shock his body. It was something he was unused to, but he liked it. He nuzzled her back and chucked at her comment. He thought it well that he should do something that was a bit easier. He hadn’t thought that he was jumping into it too fast, but he must have been. "You know, there is something different about you. It's not bad either." The words left his maw in an instant. He mind processed this a few moments later. Now it was his turn to be embarrassed. He felt himself grow red, at least as red as he could be, and he looked away. He didn’t know what to think of his own words. Was there something different about her? He didn’t know. He turned and looked back at her again, and he eyes where upon him. She had a calm look on her face, and one that wasn’t responsive to his comment. Maybe she didn’t hear me. He hoped she hadn’t.
“What do you think I should do first then? Should we do a practice in fighting?” He thought it would be the easiest thing to do first, and plus it would help him work out his skills and strengths. Would he be a good fighter? He didn’t know that either. He seemed to know nothing lately, and what he did know wasn’t important.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

A chilly winds blew at their backs, worse now that they had risen and separated. What a gods-forsaken land, the shadow-mare thought bitterly. Her banner drifted gently, multicolored feathers twirling lazily. A few of the equine teeth embedded in her mane clicked against one another. The effect was an eerie mixture of clicks and clacks. Her tail had none of these ornamentations and, lacking as such, was silent as it licked her hocks. Her horn, gnarled as it was, stood proudly against the snowy terrain, the red rune at its base seeming to glow faintly in the soft winter light. It was a strange appearance for her; she seemed ethereal, but not in the fairy tale way of her species. Instead, she seemed a strange cross between light and dark, good and evil, princesses and ghouls. How fitting.

Still, she did not acknowledge his comment. Everything about her was different, she knew this all too well. Her family had never let her forget it, blessed as they were with tinges of red decorating their banners, framing their proud heads held so high, their perfect horns pointed to the sky. Jealousy had blossomed in her at an early age. Never vain, she settled instead for more material additions to her looks. They had given her a beauty - no, not a beauty, never a beauty - a quality all her own. With this, she was content.

"We shall spar, my darling," she agreed. Her addition of 'my' was more a word of possession than true feeling. He had somehow, without even trying, gained the jackal's trust. As such, he was now hers, more so than she could ever say of any who claimed to love her. Even the FrostHeart was not hers, she could never, would never claim him. But Valentine, her king of hearts, her follower, her recruit, he was hers, all hers. "We shall meet, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps the following day, when the sun is high in the sky on one of the plains to the east. The snow is light there."

[W/C | 343]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Hidden Account
teeroo

He looked at the mare in front of him. He was love struck, love drunk, whatever you wanted to call it. He felt so amazing, and this feeling inside of him he didn’t want to let go. But he would see her tomorrow, and that was something he could hold on to. He felt the wind pick up and blow their manes around, and he could smell her in the wind. It was all so intoxicating to him, and he couldn’t help but smile at her. Yes, he would see her tomorrow, even if he had to force her. He knew he wouldn’t, but the thought crossed his mind for a moment, and then quickly vanished. It almost made him frown, but he didn’t.
“Yes I’ll see you tomorrow then. We’ll meet back here if that’s alright with you.”

(Sorry I forgot we hadn’t finished this. You don’t have to reply, and if you do you can make it quick, but it ain’t over yet, lol)

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting