the Rift

[PRIVATE] Teach me, and I'll remember

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Erthë stretched and yawned. The darkness was paling, shadows thinning and fading as the steely predawn light to the east announced the coming ascent of the sun. The meeting with the Goddess had dragged on and on, or so it felt to her at any rate, and sitting still in the midst of all that mist made her joints ache.

"I feel like an old woman" Erthë grumbled to Alune as she slowly walked around the clearing, joints popping and snapping for each step as she worked out the kinks. "Not even of age yet, and already I'm too old for allnighters like these."

It wasn't entirely true, of course. Erthë rarely slept at night even in normal circumstances. Pain, nightmares and an active mind prevented her from it while the moon was still up. Instead she used to wander about, emulating the patrols Tembovu performed at dawn - walking the borders, committing the layout of the land and all the small trails, glens, creeks and springs to memory. Some times she would play, like the foal she was, and pretend she was seer on an important quest for the sake of Goddess and Land. Only when the mists had burned away and the heat of day drove her into the shade did she usually sleep; shallow, fitful naps filled with shadows and unwanted memories.

Still, even though night was her most active time of day Erthë was not used to sitting along on meetings. Impatient and impulsive, she found it difficult to be there but say nothing, and though it was all very interesting it was generally also very boring. How the adults could do this over and over was almost more than she could understand - especially considering how their old joints must feel after all that standing around.

"Alune, about that lesson.... I can wait, if you need to sleep or so. I mean... I don't want to be a bother to you."

The girl smiled, but though she did her best to be considerate and patient - virtuous like her teacher -  she was unable to hide the reluctance she felt at having to wait even further. These lessons, if you could even call them that, were little more than kids story-time in her eyes. Alune seemed to prefer to teach by moral-building tales and examples, followed by some small task that would hammer down the message in her. It was slow going, too slow for Erthë's tastes - but, between slow teaching and no teaching, she knew which she preferred.

Waiting for the rain I'm bracing for the thunder
A twig that wouldn't sway in the wind

@Alune

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 05-25-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Alune - 05-28-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by smitty - 08-29-2016, 09:08 AM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 10:16 AM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Alune - 08-31-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: Teach me, and I'll remember - by Erthë - 09-01-2016, 01:07 AM