the Rift

Story time?

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas

Hi, Hello!

So I have a question and was hoping that somebody could definitely provide me with some answers. Also, a plot! My gal here, Bathsheba is a wee babe, and she's still finding her legs in the world. I saw something really neat not too long ago where an older mare gathered a bunch of horses/foals and told them stories of some time way before I got here. And frankly that's the coolest stuff ever and it gave me an idea. But I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to?

Sheba is a huge fan of stories, they are one of the only things that help distract her from the pain of her legs and so she will always sit down and listen. Also, she's basically got a pretty free range of the land right now and my idea was that she wanders off one day after her mother leaves and actually gets lost. On her journey she passes along the borders/edges of all of the herdlands and meets a horse/s and just talks to them. My idea is that she learns a tale/story from each herdland about their history, some great fight, or even a famous figure - specific to that herd. She knows the Aurora Basin is her home, but she hasn't quite grasped the idea of opposing herds and that it's totes not kosher to wander into them. So as far as she's concerned she's just trying to find her way home and learning some tales along the way, and meeting some new folks as well! Pretty innocent really, there's no ultimatum behind this lol.

Would something like that be allowed as long as it was roleplayed as her being on the edges of the herdland and not necessarily in? Unless invited of course I would assume. And would anyone be interested in helping out in telling her a story? It can be from any time in history, or even from their own personal history with the herd (you get the idea).

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja has been around for a very long time, but he's a bit unhinged and doesn't really go around telling stories unprompted. He is, however, likely to dump a ton of Helovia/Edge lore on Erthë, as she's actually asking him. So I'm shamelessly going to suggest that Sheba run into Erthë. xD
Potentially they could do a summoning ritual and fetch a Mau.

Edit: fuck the tags! @Chan! Destroy them!
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Chan Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 17hh :: 25
Chan
I'm fine with that ^^ Erthë doesn't mind bragging sharing what she finds out. Your idea is a good one, you should definitely go for it!

Also, screw herd borders. xD Kids don't know about stuff like that before someone tells them, so I say run around all you want and take the consequences if someone finds out!

Emily Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'6" :: 25
Emily
Anyone mind in Brendan joins in? Also he could act as a "chaperon" for the Falls at least :D

Outcast
Kansas
I'd love to have him! But the idea is that she is traveling. So maybe she could meet Brendan when she comes to the hidden falls? And they could find some... mischief, to get into? ;D

@Chan and @Neo : that's fantastic, just the right kind of stuff I'm looking for! Plus come on, cult summoning are always popular *cough*

Neo the Blood Mage Posts: 2
Master of the Universe
Gelding :: Pegasus :: 167 cm :: 24
Neo
\o/

Outcast
Kansas

HI GUYS SO.
THIS IS ACTUALLY GETTING READY TO HAPPEN.

Sheba is having a bitch fit with her sister (who she doesn't know is her sisteranddoesn'tevenknowhernameyet???) and after someone breaks a nail she'll be heading off and run into Erthe down at the Veins, she'll undoubtedly discover the existence of Gods because Sialia hasn't really said anything. She'll probably make a fool of herself before running off to... *trumpets* FIND HER MA. Most of you probably noticed that Sialia took off to the AA and Sheba has essentially been abandoned. All of this ties in beautifully with my original idea of having Bathsheba wander through all the herdlands after getting lost, because now she really is, in more than one way. Ma hasn't been back, she got beat up and Ma still ain't around, she needs to find her way home. So- QUE story time! Sheba is going to go searching for home and hopefully, her Mother. Stories along the way would honestly just be a good way of distracting the poor thing, plus she still loves them so.. Most horses don't even know Sialia has a daughter, I've discovered, and IC they probably don't realize that Sialia's gone. From home I don't really know where to proceed, I have no idea what's going to become of my baby, but, while she's wandering- it would be great if she could meet some fab people along the way :3

(depending on the outcome, she'll also be injured and probably very sick so~ *leaves that there*)

Anybody that would love to be involved, ideas.. etc? Of course I want all the drama so HIT MEH.

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Slightly off topic, but whenever Bathsheba gets tired and comes home or decides to have a quiet moment and perhaps feel sorry for herself or just generally bitch about disabilities, your resident old man is all about lazing around and complaining. :P

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Kansas Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 5'0'' :: 23
Kansas
Albrecht is my hero ngl.

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
<3
He could also tell her some horrible but not entirely inaccurate stories about life being a stone cold bitch if she nags him. xD

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Outcast
Kansas
XD she'll just sit there petrified. I will only accept the most terrible and vulgar versions pfffd