the Rift

Here I Am, Lost In This World | Open
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Honeyed orbs scanned a flat horizon. He was lingering along the boarders today, checking up on patrolling soldiers and keeping a tuned eye wide for troublesome trespassers. An openly dry sun savagely shined down upon the land, its cruelty not for heat; but lack of. This oasis usually never felt the coolness of frostfall during daylight hours, the gods often blessed that simple ideal. This season had been strikingly different. It was if as the sun had little power to offer, even with a warm southern ocean so near. Everything felt cold and far away. Tropical plants lost their vibrant colors and wilted near death after evening permafrost. Though he knew the reasoning for this, nothing could be done to prevent; all they could do was maintain.

Ever since returning from the battle—he felt antsy. Almost as if something was fixing to happen. Rarely had he left home this winter, even toward the reward of prayer at his lord’s shrine. Mostly he wanted to stay close to Cera. A speck of falling white caught his gaze. Standing body turned at an angle to allow skull full rein of observation. Colors of plated gold and silver cast a bright hue upon the plain sand. The heavy collar around his neck had become less of a hindrance to his work over the past few weeks.

The wind blew in his favor and with it carried the breath of another. An unfamiliar taste. He stepped out and broke into a brisk canter. Pure wings tucked with care against his sides, the feathers there ruffled as wind picked at the corners of mane and tail. He slowed as the distance between himself and the ivory stranger closed. Her soft notes caught attention, “There is nothing can console me but my jolly sailor bold.”

Sweetened tunes fell away. Chest heaved after his light run whilst jaws gave part to offer a greeting, “Good day ma’ lady,” smiling easily as he always did when first impression was being fashioned. Frame stopped a few feet away, features calm and pleasant with full regard to her.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Here I Am, Lost In This World | Open - by Bridgit - 10-18-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Here I Am, Lost In This World | Open/Joining - by Midas - 10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
RE: Here I Am, Lost In This World | Open/Joining - by Bridgit - 10-19-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Here I Am, Lost In This World | Open/Joining - by Bridgit - 10-24-2012, 12:04 AM