the Rift

Flash Of Rhythmic Gold

Florelle Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Florelle pondered around. Her bold & flashy palomino coat reflected the light in an imposing style. Her blue eyes with streaks of light and dark blue looked all around. The cool winter breeze aloud her to smell, not the musty forest, but a clean and fresh breeze. A light fog circled her, and the snow fell in a lazy motion. The trees were bare and had a slight layer of snow building up on them. Her hooves sank a little into the snow with every step. Her silvery white mane danced with the wind. The distant howling of the wind against the trees created a light whistling sound.

With a light step, that looked like she was dancing, she walked along. Her golden coat shone brightly. A very thin layer of snow covered the curve in her back. Her light blue eyes streaked with dark blue shone brightly. Her tail waved side to side, with the subtle sway of her body.

Her soft scent drifted in the air. She nickered lightly seeing if anyone might hear. Her nicker was smooth and rhythmic. She would accept almost anyone's company. What brought this fine creature to this cold forest? She doesn't know herself.

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sandman
There's something I'm not revealing...

Another bright equine was traversing the Threshold today, though his pelt was a darker gold than the femme. Dark chocolate eyes scanned her bodice as the stallion approached, huge draft frame quite visible through the bare trees. Sandman was bored, a dangerous occurrence, and this mare promised to be a nice distraction. She was a looker, palomino pelt shining in the sunlight, contrasting beautifully with the silvery banner that flowed behind her. He drew closer and let out a low whinny in greeting. Pillars lowered him in a slight bow, surprisingly graceful for such a large beast, and he gazed up at her with frank admiration. Of course, it was all a sham, but Sandman was an expert at faking such things, so good that only one or two others had ever been able to pick up on it. He rose from the respectful gesture and smiled kindly at the fae. “Hello, dear. I’m Sandman.” His voice was warm, open, friendly. The tone of someone you could trust.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered
As she looked around. She is approached by a large stallion. His big frame walked into view. She is greeted warmly by this creature. His eyes were a gentle tone of brown. His voice was a soothing sound. The little female looked at him. She got a little closer. Her blue eyes scanned him over. She could tell he may be a few years older than her. She raised her head high. Gracefully she perked her ears up.

"Why hello!" Her tone of voice was smooth and friendly. The light falling snow didn't make her uneasy or cold at all. The wind was whirling against her gorgeous mane. Her dark muzzle was furry. Her white socks where bright and clean from walking through the snow. "What brings you here?" Here voice was bold and un-hesitated.

Unregistered

Sandman

She steps closer, audits pricked curiously. When she speaks, the words are cheerful and unsuspicious. At this range, he can tell she is younger than he is, and briefly wonders why all the mares he has met in this land are all less than five. Oh well, this makes them more eager to trust him, the older stallion with the charming grin.

Snow is swirling around the two of them, a constant annoyance to the draft, though he doesn’t show it. Instead, he relaxes slightly, keeping his attention pinned on the femme. He smiles as he answers her question. “A lot of newcomers end up here, and I like to do my best to help them out. Are you lost, dear, or in need of any help?” Still kind, a stranger, but not an evil one. Just someone looking to assist those who stumble through the woods with no idea which way to go. Or so he seems.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered
With his attention stuck on her, she feels an odd sensation. His voice was kind and deceiving. With no 'filter' in her brain, she thinks nothing of it. To her eyes he's just a stallion. With nothing particularly special about him, she starts losing interest. As the snow drifts from the sky onto their backs, a shiver runs down her spine. With her eyes still fixed on the majestic large stallion in front of her, she says something. "Not lost. Nope. I am new though." Her voice was calm and soft. She looked over him one last time. She Got closer. Now she stood directly in front of him. He smelt normal. His brown eyes made her melt inside though. Bold broad blaze was white along with his socks. He wasn't hard on the eyes, which is all she cares about. "Ok, so tell me. Whats the REAL reason you are here?" She picked up fairly easily the lie he had told. Not sure what the truth is, she made no accusations.

Unregistered

Sandman

The golden fae moves even closer to him, now standing right before his large frame. Bold, this one, a pleasant change from the timid little things he usually comes across. Intelligent too, having called out his false reply. Her blue eyes skim him with the faintest hint of admiration, a good sign. Well, he supposes there is no harm in telling her the truth of his presence here. “Honestly, I got bored. This place is always brimming with others, so I thought I’d see if there was someone around I could talk to.” Massive shoulders shift in a shrug. “Then I heard your call, and here I am.” A simplified version of events, omitting certain details, but it is honest enough. “Since you’re new, would you like to come with me for a while? I can show you around, keep you company, then if you ever decide to strike out on your own we can say goodbye and go our separate ways.” A fair offer, he thinks, better than the pushy recruiters who also roam this forest, trying desperately to lure anyone they come across to their herds. This way, she can decide for herself what she wishes to do. He senses that this mare is not one who enjoyed being bossed around.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered
With an ease of boredom settling in, the offer seemed enticing. The stallion had a persuasive way. As the snow picked up, she felt the stings of frozen water on her golden coat.

As the offer is still on the table, she decides to accept. As she says yes her voice is thick and seductive. Sandman's warm fur looked so inviting as the cold felt colder than usual. She walked to the side of him. His warm body felt so comfortable. Although she felt short next to the majestic giant. He may not be respectfully handsome, but she had always had a weak spot for larger stallions. The smaller ones were wimpy and easy to manipulate their views. Not Sandman, his thoughts seemed fairly organized, his warm inviting eyes screamed for a sort of adventure, his large frame was sturdy and warm, and his toned muscles could kill a foals with one kick, as it seemed.

With the only warmth of the sun covered by the clouds mysterious layers, the best chance of finding out Helovia and the horses who reside there was to be with a large stallion. "It sounds like a reasonable offer." A hint of a smile plastered over her muzzle. "Where would we go?"

Unregistered

Sandman

Her voice is enticing as she assents, and that lithe little body is soon pressed against his side, using his bulk and heat as a shelter against the cold weather. She asks where they would go, and he smiles slightly. “Well, there’s a large evergreen forest I was thinking of, it may provide some extra protection from the snow. However, if you wish to go someplace else then simply name it. I doubt the herdlands would welcome our presence, but the rest of Helovia is open to us.” Being new, she wouldn’t know of anywhere else to go, but he decides it best to leave her options. “By the way m’lady, you’ve yet to tell me your name.” Not demanding, merely a gentle reminder. “If we are to travel together I should know how to address you, don’t you think?” Another disarming smile is directed to her, the steed continuing to play the part of a cheery vagabond.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered
With a sense of falseness in his voice, she hesitated to take a step farther. "You are a liar. I can smell it from a mile away. What the real, full, deal? No one comes bounding through the forest for a distant whinny. Then offers shelter, protection, and freedom?" She pinned her ears back and stopped dead in her tracks. The large horse had shot her a smile. A smile that could have fooled most mares, but she was smart. She had lived with this. She knew. "You sir, are lying. Lying a lot too." Her voice was firm and grounded. Her head was low and she bared her teeth. She was very concerned and had a lot of anger rising. The thing she lacked now was her cheery personality. Her aggressive look, made her look spectacular, real, and living. "You shall not know my name, ever. I will forever be Mare to you!" I have acted in such a way that might have angered him. If he did attack, she would have little to no chance. "Do you go around charming every mare you see? Or younger ones?" Still baring her teeth she looked more menacing now. Disgust filled her eyes.

Unregistered
OOC:

bumps

Unregistered

Sandman

He attempts to keep the mask up, to act hurt and slightly offended, but he just can’t help it. Laughter bursts out, ringing over the land cheerfully. When he finally gets himself back under control he confronts the hostile mare, amusement evident in every fiber of his being. “Ah, love, I freely admit I am a liar, yet you choose to call me out on it when I have voiced no real falsehoods. I told you, I was simply lacking entertainment when I approached, and I thought that if I could gain your companionship then perhaps it could serve as a foil for my chronic boredom.” Selfish motives, but not cruel in any way. Sandman rarely caused any true harm to those he used, preferring to gain whatever it was he wanted peacefully and then move on once his current toy ceased to be fun. It was lonely though, and the gods had not responded to his request for a bonded animal. Someone to travel with, no matter how temporary, would be a welcome distraction. Plus this golden creature would be safe, different enough from her to keep his mind off the deep bay maiden that continued to haunt him despite having been left behind long ago.

OOC: Sorry, my Sandman muse and I are currently in the hate phase of our love/hate relationship.
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Unregistered
OOC: Lol same with me and Tainted, and that's a freakishly long RP. You know what helps? Do you have an opposite character from Sandman? If you do RP with that one so you get the total opposite feel. That's why I have Florelle, Tainted is shy and has a gray coat, which is dulled in a way, and Florelle is a flashy palomino that has lots of bravery.

Boredom. When you are bored. She knew the meaning fairly well. Boredom use to suck her down into pits of despare. How? She would choose wrong paths that always was risky. She lived on the extreme part of life for about two years. "I will keep you company, but, if you so much as touch me, I will make you regret it, and all you will see is my tail flowing behind my body as I leave you alone in a rut." Her voice was still cold and stern. Her ears where still pinned back, and she looked vicious. She stood next to him. Not letting any part of her golden coat, or silver mane and tail to touch him.

Without his body warmth, she was cold, but she was OK with that. She regretted deeply ever trusting this stallion, he has told many lies, and still hasn't uncovered any. Well she guesses it's up to her to find out his twisted or shocking secrets. Some may be brutal or undeniably well hidden. She was eager to find out, and she was willing to do almost anything to find them all out. She bit back the urge to mock him, and she pushed in closer to him. She had to continue thinking to herself, find out his secrets, be safe from the personalities, lies, betrayals, and shattered hearts this stallion can offer any of the mares. Be Safe.

Unregistered

Sandman

Angry and suspicious, but she was better than nothing. “I believe I can do that,” he replied after she stated the conditions that came with her accompaniment. He was more subdued now, allowing some of his true personality to show through. “Is there any place you wish to go? There truly is an evergreen forest that will block some of this snow and wind, but the choice is yours.”

She intrigued him now, with her ability to sense what he was. So far there had only been two before her, a fact that he had always taken pride in. Yet this sunlit dove had also perceived his act, known that something about him was not what it seemed. He would have to keep her near, wait for her wrath to subside and ask how she had done it. It was most likely a fluke, but if his acting had given him away then he needed to know, needed to make himself more aware of the flaw and remedy it. Guenhwyvar, you were right. These mares will be the death of me. A self mocking smirk crossed his maw. Once upon a time he had been great, feared, respected, or so he had thought. Now he had to wonder, was it really him that had created such feelings in others, or had it been Guen? Had he been a lord to those he had crossed paths with, or just the Friesian’s sidekick? The mask was in place again though, hiding the dark thoughts with only the exception of that bitter sneer on his face.

OOC: Thanks for the advice! I'll have to try that.
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts