the Rift

[OPEN] come fly with me

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Alysanne comes skidding to a halt, her greeting high pitched, and Lyanna’s quickly thinking she’s just managed to be in the way again. Not that she knows for sure, but it seems highly likely Alysanne wasn’t looking for company, and probably definitely not from Lyanna. But too late now. She’s here. Like always, she here, in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

She’s actually quite thankfully for the owl’s hoot above their heads. It gives her a moment to look up and smile, banishing the more unwanted thoughts, before turning her attention back to Aly. Her smile is easy, and though Alysanne may be embrassed, Lyanna really doesn’t see the need to be. There’s always something to learn, and though Lyanna wouldn’t have guessed that flying was something an older Pegasus needed to learn, in the end, it only mattered that she was trying to learn.

And for once, in a very rare turn of events in Helovia, Lyanna can actually be useful. She can’t tell someone much about the different lands (only what they look like from the sky), and she can’t tell someone which herbs can be found where, or who most of the population of the Edge (let alone Helovia) even is. But she can fly. She can teach someone else to fly.

“It comes back as easily as breathing,” she says with a reassuring smiling. Not that she’s ever experienced what Aly is going through (her only loss was the ability to control the wind beneath her wings, quite literally). But they were both born to fly, just as they were born to walk and run and live. “No, not embarrassing. But I think you’ve been wasting a lot of time talking.” She chuckles slightly, before angling herself so she’s facing slightly away from Aly. Enough that she has a clear place to take off, and not so much that she turns her back.

“Think up, more than forward.” She offers, extending her teal and white wings and letting them stretch from her sides. She takes a few trot steps forward before moving into a canter. And then, there’s still only a few more steps before she jumps, aiming over some invisible barrier in front of her. It’s only then that her wings move, a powerful sweep downward that pushes her from the ground. A few more, and she’s several feet in the air, dipping and turning around to face Alysanne. Waiting to see if her friend (the closest thing she has to a friend here, anyway, and there’s so little she knows of the other black and white mare) would join here. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-01-2016, 12:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-02-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: come fly with me - by Lyanna - 06-12-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: come fly with me - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM